Misses sizes in stores

Old 04-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

Default Misses sizes in stores

I just got an ad from Kohl's and noticed no Misses sizes anywhere. Petites, Womens and juniors. maternity too. no Misses sizes. Now i've lost weight but can't wear Juniors!! anyone noticed this elsewhere? I sent them an email.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:22 PM

I shop Kohl's too & buy misses. I'm sure they are still there, just not in the ad...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

I was just in Kohl's and saw plenty of Misses. Maybe the ad left them out.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 PM

I can't resist saying, "I'd like to have your problem."
Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 PM

Yes, they try to confuse us!! The Misses are still there...thank goodness. I don't know many people who CAN wear the Juniors...except my young granddaughters!! LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM

I think you will find plenty of Misses sizes in your Kohl's store. It is those of us who are Women's sizes who generally have trouble finding things. I get so tired of the Women's things looking like something my grandmother would have worn. I just don't get why we can't get the same cute things like in the Misses sizes only with a little more fabric to fit Women's sizes?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 PM

I wear misses or petite sizes and find that either everything is aimed at thirty -somethings or things my grandmother would have worn in the 60's. Don't feel like it's only womens' sizes that are limited in style. It's hard to find anything "age appropriate " in any size anymore. I'm too old to dress like my daughter, but too young to look like my own grandmother! :-D
Old 04-17-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rubesgirl View Post
I wear misses or petite sizes and find that either everything is aimed at thirty -somethings or things my grandmother would have worn in the 60's. Don't feel like it's only womens' sizes that are limited in style. It's hard to find anything "age appropriate " in any size anymore. I'm too old to dress like my daughter, but too young to look like my own grandmother! :-D
This is one of the reasons why I find styles I like on the clearance rack, rip the seams and make my own pattern. I'm tired of RTW fabrics and colors (purple!!! why does every manufacturer think all large women like purple?), but it's easy to find something that fits. I'm not patient enough to find a tissue pattern, make a muslin, make the necessary changes, blah blah blah.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:25 AM

I use to buy a lot of my clothing at Kohl's. I'm in my 50's and I find either the clothes are too tight if I get XL and too big if I go to a 1X. When I purchased something for my hubby lately and got my receipt I posted on the on line comments that they are missing out on a lot of sales because it is almost impossible to find clothes to fit that are stylish for my age and my size. If you agree...maybe more feedback would help get this changed. I wear Large to XL everywhere else except a few places like Kohl's and Eddie Bauer where they seem to be cut 2 sizes too small. I know I need to loose weight, but I still want to look stylish.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
I just got an ad from Kohl's and noticed no Misses sizes anywhere. Petites, Womens and juniors. maternity too. no Misses sizes. Now i've lost weight but can't wear Juniors!! anyone noticed this elsewhere? I sent them an email.
The ad was probably a special sizes ad - stores send them out to entice people who don't wear the traditional sizes. I get them quite a bit.