Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: mr clean magic eraser

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input. I think the hint I was impressed with is cleaning the iron.

I hand quilt, and I use the magic eraser to remove quilting markings as I go along.
    Deanna in SE Michigan

I was telling myDS about magic erasers a while back. He got some and told me he wasnt that impressed with them. Well, i couldnt believe it cuz they are truly wonderful. So i told him again what i used them on. He interupted me and said- you have to wet them? ( proof that men don't read directions and that my son only hears half of what i say)
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

They are great for cleaning fiberglass tubs and showers. Mr. Clean also makes one (comes in 2 pack at Target) specifically for the bath with grooves and scented with Febreze. I found the scent a little much for me so I went back to the regular ones. The generic ones work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Are you sure it was waxed paper and not parchment?? I would think that the wax would melt and stick to the iron, which would defeat the purpose of cleaning it...
    You can iron wax paper, I remember mom always using it to clean her iron. and we used it to press leaves between it.
    Donna

I washed my windshield inside with one. Did a great job, no streaking.

DO NOT USE THESE ON YOUR PRECIOUS MACHINES...The Magic erasers are made with micro abrasive, that means mico scratches and after a while, items will dull that the erasers have been used on. Ceramic seems to do just fine. If you wipe a wall after the kids...you will see latex paint on the sponge. Easy does it on surfaces and never on your machines.
    D in TX

love the magic erasers!
    Pam Riggs

I use a fabric that had lots of dye I did pre- wash and the dye come off on my new expensive sewing machine I was sick.I tried bleach nothing I tried a few other things nothing some told me to try Mr clean magic eraser it worked it got the dye off I was sooo happy
    It is great on shower scum too

My husband uses them to clean the soles (sides) of his tennis shoes. I use them for everything!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast