Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: My name is Dawn, and I am addicted to....fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    No way! This is a support group! We support your fabric addiction!
    I'll take it a step further... not only do we SUPPORT your addiction, we ENCOURAGE it! Viva la fabric!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

The first step is admiting you are powerless against fabric. Fabric keeps us out of the bars and off the streets. Lol
    Thank you Lord for Friends, Family, and Quilters

Quote Originally Posted by nitza View Post
    The first step is admiting you are powerless against fabric. Fabric keeps us out of the bars and off the streets. Lol
    My fabric "habit" only keeps me off the streets when I'm ordering it online. Otherwise, I tear those streets up, getting to a fabric store... LOL! And I admit it... I am powerless when it comes to reproduction fabric. Or batik. Or homespuns. Or...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Best friend at work bought her first sewing machine and wants to learnt to quilt. Another one coming to the dark side!
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

DH and I went out for lunch on his birthday -- there was a fabric store almost next door. Hmmmm... found a fabric line I had not seen and chatted with 2 enablers as we passed the bolts around so no one missed one fabric in the line. Wonder whose birthday it is.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie in NM View Post
    Best friend at work bought her first sewing machine and wants to learnt to quilt. Another one coming to the dark side!
    Y'know what they say... "Come to the dark side -- we have chocolate" except in this case, you need to add "& fabric" to that maxim!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
    DH and I went out for lunch on his birthday -- there was a fabric store almost next door. Hmmmm... found a fabric line I had not seen and chatted with 2 enablers as we passed the bolts around so no one missed one fabric in the line. Wonder whose birthday it is.
    It's yours, silly! See... when you got married, you became one. Therefore you can celebrate on his BD, too... especially if said celebration involves yummy fabric!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I am going to rationalize my fabric "collection" by saying that yesterday I sewed another one if my Little Dresses for Africa. I used a new pattern that allowed me to make a separate bodice and skirts. Thanks to me "collection", I was able to go through and pick out some really nice coordinating fabrics that some little girl will love! See? That addiction....er, collection...has its merits!

Do not talk to me. I am an enabler, hoarder and all around fabricholic. My mother is benefiting from the overflow, though. I am the pied piper of fabric. I find it at yard sales, thrift stores and at work (yes, other workers have brought it in to me). I can not seem to turn it away, not when the big bag of fabric is only 50cents and calling to me. Well, I did not get the other two, they were not quilty type fabric. My DM uses it for charity work and I am saving it up for retirement in a few years and using a lot of it now.
    ABCDEFG

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6