Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My Newest Set of Baby Shoes! >

My Newest Set of Baby Shoes!

My Newest Set of Baby Shoes!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:23 PM

Default My Newest Set of Baby Shoes!

We had a baby shower for my son's wife yesterday. They are expecting their first child...a boy. Since I made some baby cowboy boots for my other daughter-in-law in April http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t190070.html, I figured I should do the same for this little baby too. This time I made some high top tennis shoes in U of M fabric because all of my men...husband, three sons, and now three grandsons total (one due in November)...are die hard Michigan fans. The other picture is of a diaper baby I made for the shower. It doesn't show in the picture, but I put a sign on it that said "This is how the family's babies take their naps!". I hope you enjoy them!

P.S. I didn't make him a U of M quilt, though! I made him an Eric Carle quilt...that I will post when I can get the pictures downloaded from my camera or iPad!
Attached Thumbnails u-m-shoes.jpg   diaper-baby-2.jpeg   u-m-shoes-2.jpg  

Last edited by Grandma Mary; 08-26-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:25 PM

Very cute. Are they hard to make?

BTW, congratulations Grandma... enjoy those little men folk. They grow up wayyyy too fast!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:50 PM

Adorable!! I bought a couple of those patterns but have not tried to make them yet. My grand daughter is now 7 1/2 months old. Maybe for the next grand baby due in December...

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:58 PM

Thanks. We are very excited. My oldest grandson is 12 years old so it's been a long time between. My other DGS was born in June.

The shoes are not that hard to make. Very simple pieces. The thing that takes the most time is the actual quilting of the fabric before you cut out the pattern pieces.

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Very cute. Are they hard to make?

BTW, congratulations Grandma... enjoy those little men folk. They grow up wayyyy too fast!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
Adorable!! I bought a couple of those patterns but have not tried to make them yet. My grand daughter is now 7 1/2 months old. Maybe for the next grand baby due in December...
The patterns come with a size one and size two pattern, so you might want to take a look at them to see how they compare? If she has small feet...who knows? Good luck!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Mary View Post
The patterns come with a size one and size two pattern, so you might want to take a look at them to see how they compare? If she has small feet...who knows? Good luck!
She has pretty big feet. I should try and find the patterns and take a look though. It's just that right after she was born I had knee surgery then in April I had foot surgery and though I have been working on some quilts, I have not even made her a baby quilt yet. Of course she has 4 of them from my friends but I have been a bad bad grandma in that area. Right now my machine is in the hospital and it will cost me nearly $500 to bring her home in a couple weeks.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM

Now those are just too darned cute. I am going to be a first time grandmother in February......I might have to get this pattern!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:27 PM

Wow, Gayle, you have had quite the busy summer...and not all good, what with your surgeries! You're not a bad grandma at all! I'm sure that you'll come up with something special for her...and it doesn't have to be a quilt either!

I also understand about machines being repaired too. I have a 40 year old singer, and a year old inexpensive Brother and neither one of them are working right now. It took several days to finish the shoes because the little Brother machine kept freezing up on me and I'd have to turn it off, and wait for several hours for it to reset itself. I guess that's what I get for not investing in a higher level machine. I went to the AQS show here in MI this last week and they had some fantastic machines with special pricing on them. They were so tempting, but it was just too much to take in and I didn't want to make a spur of the moment decision and regret it later! I'm new at this quilting hobby and I don't know what machines are better. There's so much debate about that out there. Everyone has their own favorites. It sounds like you must have a really good machine if it costs that much to repair it. I hope you can get it back soon!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Power Poster

Those are toooooooooooooooooooo darling. What a perfect gift.

And congrats on being Grandmother
Old 08-27-2012, 02:05 AM

They are so cute!!!