Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: My Son's band WON!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn
    I have to be the proud Mom for a minute....normally, this son is not too high on my praise list...
    Son's band was entered into a contest for a 'Battle of the Bands' They had to play against 2 other bands this afternoon. And they WON! They now have to sign a contract with Arlington Racetrack and then will be playing a big concert at the park in a couple of weeks...and getting a nice paycheck for it!!!
    The band name is 'Back Alley Riot'.
    I even took his grandparents with me. They had never heard his play, so this was a huge treat for them...
    All my Dad was talking about on the way home was about calling his sister and brother in the morning to tell them about everything and that he went to a rock concert...Can you hear that conversation between all those 80+ year olds???
    WOW!!!! That Great!!! My oldest son Jason who is 24 has taught himself to play the guitar, piano, drums and many more that I can't think of now. He has also played in a band in the past. He now works in a local music store fixing all the broken instruments!!! :mrgreen: :thumbup: What does your son play? Tell him Congrats from Shawn on the Board!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :XD: :shock:
    Thank you , Shawn...my son is 32 and plays lead guitar and bass...
    You are very welcome, tell him to keep up the good work and have lots of fun!!!!! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Fantasitc!!! :thumbup:

Congratulations to your Son & his band! Susie I know how happy you must be. :thumbup: This is awesome.

I have to be the proud Mom for a minute....normally, this son is not too high on my praise list...
    Son's band was entered into a contest for a 'Battle of the Bands' They had to play against 2 other bands this afternoon. And they WON! They now have to sign a contract with Arlington Racetrack and then will be playing a big concert at the park in a couple of weeks...and getting a nice paycheck for it!!!
    The band name is 'Back Alley Riot'.
    I even took his grandparents with me. They had never heard his play, so this was a huge treat for them...
    All my Dad was talking about on the way home was about calling his sister and brother in the morning to tell them about everything and that he went to a rock concert...Can you hear that conversation between all those 80+ year olds???
    :thumbup: All right.

If anyone wants to see/hear them...go to youtube....BackAlleyRiot...they are some videos with the former drummer...my son is the one in the fedora hat...tall skinny and playing his guitar. in most of the videos he is always far right, the two singers are center.

:-D :thumbup:

Congratulations Mom.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations. what a wonderful thing to have happen. That is just great. You must be very proud. God bless. Penny

:thumbup: :D

Home from Arlington Racetrack...It was soooo HOT! Band sounded good, people liked it...They play again at a nightclub downtown, but I'm not going to that...I've had enough...now it's starting to rain....just enough to make it more humid...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4