Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: need help with enlarging my fairy god mother pattern

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Usually you can just type in the # you want...yes it automatically has some 100% or 150%.... but you should be able to put the exact % in.
    Do you mean that your pattern didn't print out to size or do you mean that you want it larger than the original pattern?
    I want it a little larger, those tiny, tiny pieces are hard for me :roll:

The local library should have a copier that you could use or your local office supply store.

Blog Entries
    Just make sure that you photocopy all of it at the same percentage. I only say this because I photocopied a pattern years ago and didn't realize that after each photocopy, the copier would revert to the previous size. Drove me NUTS trying to figure out why things would not match up....

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish
    Just make sure that you photocopy all of it at the same percentage. I only say this because I photocopied a pattern years ago and didn't realize that after each photocopy, the copier would revert to the previous size. Drove me NUTS trying to figure out why things would not match up....
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Usually you can just type in the # you want...yes it automatically has some 100% or 150%.... but you should be able to put the exact % in.
    Do you mean that your pattern didn't print out to size or do you mean that you want it larger than the original pattern?
    I want it a little larger, those tiny, tiny pieces are hard for me :roll:
    When I first saw the teensy pieces I almost changed my mind about making it. But after you add the lines in the first step, and then cut the main sections apart, I taped them all to my table and just cut off each little section I needed to work on next. As I finished each main strip I did join the sections together rather than wait until the end. The eyes and nostrils are such minute pieces but in the end they did match pretty well. (of course the back was pretty ugly-I'm not the neatest paper piecer.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2