Need Ideas

Old 09-28-2010, 01:15 PM

I'm going to make a documentary/movie for my World Religions class which is to accompany my Final report due in December.

I'm doing my Report based on the End of Days (Apocalypse) I must include Christianity, Islam and Hinduism (or another NonAbrahmic religion).

I already have the Four Horseman, I'm making their cloaks and what not.

Any ideas, though, on how I could save money on getting things for the video? (Cant afford horses, so we are using horse heads on sticks and coconuts for the horse hooves).
Old 09-28-2010, 01:56 PM

theatre groups in colleges usually have rooms full of stuff. Also enlist an art major to help with decorating or costume ideas.
For locations ask if you can use parts of the school or the local theatre. Look in salvation army for clothes you can adapt, they may have some religious things too. we know that you are creative, think outside the box.
My girl had a second major in theatre and loved it. she even wrote a play that was performed,
Old 09-28-2010, 02:15 PM

Check out FreeCycle, if you ask nicely you might get some neat things from someone who is just hanging on to them "just in case".
Put out the word to friends and email buddies close to you. Most or some of them might have older folks with buldging closets and attics and basements that need cleaning out.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:50 AM

Check with churches mosques in the area. Many of them also have costumes they may be willing to loan. You may also find people willing to help out. If there is a stable in the area they may be willing to let you use a horse or two.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 AM

I'd have to go to the country to get a horse... we do know someone who has horses (old family friend) but the thing is he lives WAY out... the only costume we really need other than the four horsemen would be a Jesus costume... when we had... and then like I stated, we donated it... ah well, I'm in the middle of research and development at the moment!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 PM

An old beige blanket would be a great outfit for Jesus, I hear he wasn't fussy.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
An old beige blanket would be a great outfit for Jesus, I hear he wasn't fussy.
YES!!!! I was thinking of just making a long tunic and using a red sheet or something to drape over the one shoulder... I'm going to see if I can get my mom to go to Goodwill this weekend... I think I know how to make a cloak with out a pattern (I can make that on my own, I hope!)