Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Kindle Recommendation

Blog Entries

Need Kindle Recommendation

My requirements are mainly the ability to sit in my comfortable rocking chair in the evening and be able to read my email and watch quilting video's. I enjoy the Craftsy Classes but rarely find time to watch them. I don't need all the bells and whistles but there is so much available, it is hard to choose. Help!!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I love my Nook! It goes everywhere with me

I have the first Kindle they came out with except that it has wireless and a 3G capacity; I also have a Nook (again, basic); and I have an iPad 32GB that I like as well. I use all three of them, but the iPad is actually more versatile than the other two and is probably closer to what you would like. They also have similar devices made by other companies that are more sophisticated (for lack of a better word) than the Nook or the Kindle, but there are also newer versions of those as well. Probably the best thing to do is go to a store where you can look at all of them and make your decision that way. I have all of them because I wanted to play with them all...the same reason I have several sewing machines and computers! (And fabric, but we won't go into that!) Good luck in your hunt!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I have a Kindle Fire. I have not tried to watch quilting videos, but it is great for books, games, and email.

I have the Kindle Fire HD and it is great for watching movies. I haven't tried watching a Craftsy class or video like that, but the movies are great. I gave my Nook Color to my husband, my original Kindle to my daughter and carry my Kindle HD every where I go! I have signed up for a Craftsy class, but never watched it. I'll try that in the next day or so and see if it works.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

I just logged in on my Kindle HD and pulled up the Craftsy class I had purchased and it played beautifully. I just watched the opening couple of minutes, but I was very pleased with it. I love to read on mine--I read between 10 and 15 books a month!
    Regina in Richmond, KY

QM
    I have a Kindle Fire. I did not want the original Kindle my DH bought me, but was rapidly hooked. I really love my new Kindle Fire, which he also bought me without checking. A friend who started out with a nook then got a Kindle. she said the Nook books were a bit pricier. Finding what I want to read is really easy on Amazon. I also enjoy playing some of the available games, which are quite inexpensive. I watched one movie on my Kindle. It worked just fine.

I have a kindle fire and an Ipad mini. I actually prefer the mini--a little more costly, but oh-so-light and definitely much more versatile and smooth to operate.

Do you have a smartphone? If so, look at Tablets with the same operating system. You will be able to sync your apps to each. There are Kindle apps for android and Apple. Tablets ffer mre versatility.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I love my Nook! It goes everywhere with me
    Me too!!!!!!!!!!!! It does it all
    Judy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast