Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A simple bed post bag for kindle at night when I'm done reading and kindle case >

A simple bed post bag for kindle at night when I'm done reading and kindle case

A simple bed post bag for kindle at night when I'm done reading and kindle case

Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 PM

:-D :-D :-D I made this cute plaid bedpost bag to hang on my bed so when I'm done reading at night, I can slide my kindle inside for the night. Remember that first case I made for Mom's lighted magnafyer I got her for Christmas and it was too narrow for it???? Well guess what?? Kindle fits perfect right inside. I'm glad I did not toss it out. Enjoy, Huggies, Fay...Oh yes the plaid bag is a part of a purse pattern, it is the flap of the purse and perfedt size too.

Bed post bag, it was a pattern for a flap of a purse
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159297[/ATTACH]

THe case I made for Mom, butit was too narrow
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159298[/ATTACH]

Kindle fits perfect inside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159299[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159292.jpe   attachment-159293.jpe   attachment-159294.jpe  
Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 PM

ok i got to ask ---whats a kindle---case looks good
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 PM

Perfect! :)
Old 01-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by jemma
A kindle is an electronic that you download books to to read at your lesiure. I was told that they are around $140.00. You buy the books like I tunes for your I pod.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Same ? for me also whats a kindle?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:09 PM

Kindle is a an electronic book reader. You can down load books to it and use it anywhere. Some books are free, others you pay for. Kindle is a brand name sold by Amazon.com - other companies also make them.

It's light weight- modern books are cheaper than buying them in hard copy. You can change the font size (so in lower light or just don't have your reading glasses on) when needed. The Kindle is readable in bright sunlight.

I've had one for about 4 months and love it. Don't have to fumble turning pages or hold a heavy book. Small for travel (I ride a bus daily)
Old 01-13-2011, 01:44 AM

gosh answers come quick thanks ladies i thought it looked like a diary type thing
Old 01-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Power Poster

Also, if you are tired, or perhaps in hospital, you can listen though headphones or earbuds, and it will read to you (choice of male or female voices, and speeds).

No more shipping, and a lot of books are free.

Only niggle I have is that they often call something a book, when I think it is only magazine article length.

Batteries last about a month before needing to be charged. And there are rumours of a coloured version coming, though bound to be a lot dearer
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 AM

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still like a regular book. Who knows though? Maybe someday I'll try one of these things out. I did several years ago take a leap into the current century and get a cell phone. I've even updated it to the digital one. However it doesn't take pictures, I've never done the internet thing on it, I don't even have the voice mail set up, and I've never yet sent a text message. LOL

BTW, These are really cute and it would be neat if you could do a tutorial on them.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 AM

Well I tihnk I will like my kindle once I can get it to work. I paid $158. and chage for mine, but that cost included the shipping and such. I got it 3 days after ordering it. I guess because I got it from the seattle nbase Amazomn.com and I'm just across the pind from Seattle. They have some colorful skins available also, but I'm not sure of the price on them. Yes,, kindles are really nice once it works for you and just think. I can carry 3,ooo books around in my purse and don't have ot break my back doing it. So after I get done with my coffee, I will walk over ot Safeways and try to get it going again and get those books that I have in my library loaded onto it. You would have to check with the hospital before using it there as it could interfere with thier equipment. Least that is what I read. Well every one take care, huggies, Fay