Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Newly varnished doors....Are they ruined????

Newly varnished doors....Are they ruined????

Recently was fortunate to be able to have all of my inside doors revarnished----9 total, both sides. Our ever so adorable Boxer, Sarge, has spittled on them when he shakes his head, and since I only just noticed them, I don't know how long it's been like it is. His spittle has also damaged the wood doors on the entertainment cabinet. I've tried Murphy's oil soap, and a "green" version of cleaner for woods/varnish, but the spots still remain. Please share with me some more solutions some of you have used to clean your varnished furniture/doors. I'm not monetarily able to refinish the doors again. And sure, I might could refinish them myself, but I'd rather not if there is an alternate solution. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

May your holidays be all that you're wishing them to be.
    Use your smile to change the world, but don't let the world change your smile.

DH has a repair and refinishing business. This is his response. If these clothes don't work, feel free to come back and ask again.

What is the damage? If it's water spotting, the most likely result, these cloths will often remove the damage and smooth out the finish. If not, let me know (supply a photo if you can).

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Homax-Fur...2236/202698033

If you google water stains on wood, there are a lot of hints that you could try. Good luck.

You might consider brass kick plates if the location is suitable for them.

Blog Entries
    I tried to copy and paste but didn't work. If you Google how to clean dog drool off wood furniture, it has a lot of tips that won't break your budget. One suggests hydrogen peroxide and the Mr. Clean eraser for wood.

Blog Entries
    I would fist try some "Old Egglish scratch cover"in the appropriate color. I have had wonderful luck with it on my garage sale finds.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results are your fault. Change is the wings you give yourself.

I have always used toothpaste & baking soda mixed together & a soft cloth to remove water stains. Has always worked great for me.

Once you get the marks removed you may have to make bibs for the furniture and doors.
    I love my life!