Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: No offense meant to my fair-haired friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hey everyone,

In my last post about my goof-up I used the "blonde" analogy not even thinking I would offend anyone.

Uh-oh, I got a pm about it.

I meant absolutely no harm, just poking a bit of fun at myself for my dumb mistake- besides I've always been a blonde wannabe :)

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-143415-2.htm#3894597

I don't think I would worry about it. I use it all the time. OK, I have dishwater blonde/brunette hair - but I have a natural blonde streak down the back. I always blame my blonde streak for my silly mistakes! I think we should all be able to laugh at ourselves!

I have a good friend (also a quilter) who is a natural platinum blonde. She used to send me all the best blonde jokes! Just apologize if you offended the complaining party and don't worry about it. Your comment was in no way mean spirited.

Not to worry ... sometimes the ones who laugh the best at these jokes are those who they are apparently aimed at! Over the years, some of the best jokes I have had have come from "......." themselves (and you can insert any sort of groups of which there are jokes made, eg. teachers, blondes, engineers, priests, Catholics, Newfies, Dutch, Brits, Canadians .... and we can go on and on and on)

I often reference "my blonde roots are showing" when I do something a little stupid! Nada, no blonde at all, never ever.

A good friend is a blonde ..... and she often laughs and says she has all the characteristics of a "dumb blonde" and especially when she "does" whatever that IDs her as such!

And my apologies to any of those who are offended by this thread.

Ignore it ... some people have issues that no-one can sort out but themselves!! :)

Blog Entries
    My nice blonde son-in-law sends ME blonde jokes!!!

He says he doesn't sweat the small stuff. Life is too short to not laugh at himself.

My dark haired daughter was lucky to get such a good man.

People tell blonde jokes all the time, Don't worry about it.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hey, 'blonde' in the context you used it is a state of mind, not a hair colour. I'm (currently) dark red brunette (grey underneath!) but I still have 'blonde' moments.

Those kind of PM's are for the circular file.....lol! People are just too sensitive these days.....it is a side effect of political correctness..rofl!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Hey, 'blonde' in the context you used it is a state of mind, not a hair colour. I'm (currently) dark red brunette (grey underneath!) but I still have 'blonde' moments.
    lmbo !!!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast