no quilting board today

Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 PM

For some reason I do not get the board since the new address took effect and I miss it. what do I need to do?
Old 03-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Administrator

you must have made it to the board or you couldn't have posted this question. ;-)
Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 PM

I didn't get it either in my e-mail. I had to type in
quiltingboard.com and enter and I get into the
quilting board page where it has all the topics
jumbled up. It is not in a subject form.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Administrator

there are several sections to the board.

each one has topics that relate to a specific category. those categories are described here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/section_list.jsp

topics are not jumbled. they are listed in date order, the most recently updated at the top.

there are detailed descriptions and policy statements at the top of each section.

Don't confuse the Message Board/Quilting Board/Forum with the Digests. The board is here all the time, 24/7/365. all you have to do is come here ( http://www.quiltingboard.com ), log in, and fish around. in fact, you can select an option that will log you in automatically as soon as you get here. couldn't be easier.

Digests are emails automatically sent by our server software to subscribed members. To subscribe, or to change your current subscription settings, go to this web address:

http://www.quiltedparadise.com/supportcenter.jsp

It's extremely important that everyone understand that the digests only point toward a teeeeeeeeeeny tiny smattering of the topics posted here. If a member relies only on the digests to get here, or as their only method of keeping up with the neighborhood, she will miss most of what's going on. "Reading the digest" barely scratches the surface of everything available here.

The Digests are the least efficient way of keeping current. if you routinely come straight to the board and surf around on your own to check the latest happenings, you'll never need the digests.

Here's my own routine:

1. I set the board as my browser home page so i come straight here as soon as i hit the internet. (other options include putting a shortcut on your desktop, or adding the board to your browser favorites/bookmarks.)
2. I check my private messages by clicking on the "Private Messages" link at the top of the page. Once I've read and answered all my new mail, I
3. Click on the "Watched Topics" link at the top of the page to see the latest developments in topics of special interest to me. Once I've looked at all of those, I
4. Click on the "Unread Topics" link at the top of the page so I can see everything that's brand new since I last visited the board. After that, I
5. Click on the "Recent Topics" link. That takes me straight to all of the topics that have been updated since I last visited the board.

After that, i use the links at the bottom of the page if i want to go straight to a particular section ... just in case i missed anything.

The board is open 24/7/365. Join me, brothers and sisters! Declare your independence from the digests! Come to the board whenever you want! Go wherever you want! Read and contribute at any time of the day or night!

Revel in the freedom! (Picture a smiley, standing on a mountain top, hair blowing in the breeze, flags flapping all around, blazing sunset behind, birds singing, crowds below roaring with joy and laughter, dancing in the streets.)
Old 03-24-2011, 04:07 PM

MIne is an icon on my desktop, so all I have to do is click on it and I'm logged in. Just right click anywhere on the page when QB is open and choose 'Create Shortcut'.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:33 PM

I don't understand why so many seem upset not to be getting the digest - I always check the board and check unread topics. I read what I want and skip over the rest. Am I missing out on something that is not apparent to me?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:41 PM

I pretty much do everything that Patrice said... I didn't know anything about digests. I don't want to be limited in what I see so I'll stick to the way I've been doing it.

Thanks Irishrose, I just put the shortcut on my desktop. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner?!

Melody
Old 03-24-2011, 06:47 PM

Wow! I've learned so much since joining this Forum. I never knew how to do a shortcut. Thanks, irishrose!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:51 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Im always logged in.. Hubby tells me its too hard on the computer to keep shutting it down.. Well alrighty then.. ON it shall be!! lol.. I Love my computer geek!!!