NoNo

Old 02-13-2011, 06:29 AM

Okay, sitting here watching an infomercial about the NoNo hair remover and think it looks wonderful. I'm one of those women who is blessed to have the most incredible head of hair and at 53 I only get an occasional gray hair. Along with this blessing though comes the embarrassing problem of gorilla arms and also excess facial hair. I am also allergic to all of those hair removal products, including wax removers and am constantly having to pluck to remove the hair. Has anyone on here tried the NoNo? I am aggravated that on both the infomercial and on their website, they do not mention the price. Even if I click that I want to order it now, you cannot get a price until after you've entered all of your personal information. It sounds like a miracle product and I'd love to try it, but I want some idea of the price before I provide all of my personal information and then am subjected to high pressure sales people if it's just way beyond what I can afford. Can anybody provide information as to price and also as to how well the system works? My husband firmly believes that anything sold on infomercials is a complete waste of money, so he's against me ordering it. Help???
Old 02-13-2011, 06:31 AM

I would do a web search for reviews of the item. Many places even blogs will post reviews along with the price and if it is any good. Readers Digest, and Home Journal are two that do, but if it is a new product, they may not have had time to do a review yet.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:35 AM

http://beauty.hsn.com/no-no_c-bs_a-5...gn=CM%20Beauty
Old 02-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Administrator

that appears to be a higher priced version of the Smooth Away remover, plus skin care products that may or may not slow down regrowth.

it's basically super-fine grit sandpaper glued to a handle.

the Smooth Away worked on my leg hair - which was more like a leg forest at the time. ( :lol: ) it also did a nice job exfoliating and smoothing the skin.

the drawback is the expense involved in replacing the sanding pads. yoiks!!!

i keep forgetting to look but i'll bet any decently sized hardware store will have the same grit for a much lower cost.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:58 AM

I also am looking into this product, I thoought I saw it online it was about 200.00, I'll check it out later and let you know.........Michele
Old 02-13-2011, 08:49 AM

I worked with a lady that was from Egypt and they used a honey based hair removal recipe passed down from generations. Her skin was always baby smooth and it worked for weeks. She never gave us the recipe. After reading your post, I found this website. I will be trying this on my legs today. Going to use the cold honey recipe. Will let you know how it goes. Can't hurt ( well, the pocketbook anyway) and won't cost me anything. Here it is....http://www.livestrong.com/article/22...-hair-removal/ Thanks for the reminder. :-D
Old 02-13-2011, 08:55 AM

I have tried a few removals... more to get a really smooth look than out of necessity, only to find that I have allergic reactions to almost every product out there too. Even certain soaps can cause me to break out in a rash. Thankfully, I don't need to shave more than once every couple of months or so on my legs.

I hope you find something that works.