Nook color vs regular nook

Old 06-10-2011, 06:24 AM

Does anyone have a nook or nook color that would share their pros cons? I thought about getting a nook color but after learning the battery only lasts about 8 hours on the color, I'm thinking the regular nook, first edition would be better. I know the color has all the bells and whistles but I don't like the idea of having to constantly recharge it. Not sure I like the smaller size of the second edition nook either.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:28 AM

I have the color nook and just love it. It's easy to throw it on a charger at night when I go to sleep and it's ready to go in the morning. I'm not sure what features the regular nook has but I can surf the web, read my email, store pictures and music and now can get apps.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:33 AM

I have a regular nook, and all I care about is getting books downloaded so I can read them, I don't need any other features.

Lanny
Old 06-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

My SIL sells them at B&N and says the most popular reason to get the color is to get color magazines. I don't have a Nook, so can't tell you anything more.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:58 AM

I'm not planning on getting magazines on mine as I think magazines are just way overpriced nowadays. I want to be able to download books from the library and it would be nice to have a calendar feature to keep track of appointments on it and maybe to-do lists.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:17 AM

I have the regular Nook. What I did not like about the color Nook: the larger size and the shortened battery life. For my own needs...I just wanted to be able to read books on it. I can listen to music on my phone or Ipod and I already have way too many calendars!!! I guess if I were wanting to surf the net and use it in all the ways already mentioned, I would just get an Ipad. My Nook is just the right size to slip into my bag and have something to read while I am waiting at places and to take on trips. Since I am not a big magazine reader, I would not use it that way, either. I probably would consider getting a color one if I had young children...but mine are all grown and we do not yet have grandchildren. Whatever you decide, I am sure you will love your Nook!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:18 AM

I had the nookfirst then my son bought me the color for christmas. I gave my mom the nook and she loves it, I also love my color. Usually, Ijust charge it at nightand I dont have a big problem with it running down. Both are really great.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:37 AM

I have a Nook color - I love it - I think it lasts pretty long on a charge - I usually plug it in at night and in the morning its ready to go. Its wonderful - and you can search the web - I even have the quilting board on it - so I can check it anytime - even while traveling. I have never owned an Ipod nor one of those fancy cell phones - this Nook color does all those things but not a phone which works perfect for me.