Nook Color

Old 04-17-2012, 07:53 AM

Default Nook Color

My DH just bought me a Nook color for my birthday and I have no clue how to run it. Is it just for books or can you access the Web? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 08:34 AM

I too, am just learning about my Nook Color. So far I like it a lot. You can access the web, but you must have wifi. If you go through the tutorials on it, it will help a lot. The reason I chose it over a Kindle Fire is that you can take it in to a Barnes and Noble for help, where Kindle is Amazon with no retail shops. So far I havent needed to take it to B & N, but I think I will soon, because I cant get my e-mail to work on the Nook. I like all the available apps, too, and they are very inexpensive. All you have to do is give them a credit card # and you can purchase any app. in about 2 seconds. Most of the games etc. are $.99-$2.99. I hope you figure it all out. My grandkids have been a great help to me in this too. All you need to do is find a child to explain modern tech things. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM

What a lucky person you are. I love my Nook Color. I have had it for about 1 1/2 yrs. You can do so much with it and with the recent upgrade you can watch movies, go on the web store pictures and so much more. I have the Office Documents to go so that I can use it as an organizer to keep my schedule in plus the Excel for my bills. I love playing games like Angry Birds, Pac Man, Scrabble, ect, my grandson loves the Read to me books that I get for him. Alot of them are free at the B n N website or really cheap. While I'm cooking he can click on them and the Nook reads the story to him and I log it in his homework folder for school which is great. He also likes playing Angry Birds. You can download PDF files which means when you find pattern files etc you can put them on it or even digital quilting mag. If you buy magazines from BnN you get the first 14 days for free and can cancel if you want but after that you only pay per issue so if you want to quit after 2 issues you've only spent a couple of $. It's great for viewing magizines. There is an answer forum on the website as well where you can ask and view others q & a that may help with problems. Their instore help is great which makes it better than most readers because you can deal with a person instead of a person on the phone. It was easy for me to set up my email, etc. When I don't need to connect to the Wifi I turn it off and it makes my battery last alot longer. Another great feature is that you can read in the dark or sunlight; this is not possible on all ereaders. It just has so many extras. I have my books set up on different shelves one labeled with my grandsons name so he knows which books are his by seeing his name. You can find lots of free books at BnN and at the library and many other places. Good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 PM

And I thought they were talking about a pacifier! hehe
Old 04-18-2012, 05:58 AM

I love my Nook Color - I have had it for about 1 1/2 years now. The first thing I would suggest is taking the Nook class that is offered at B&N - it will provide you with more insight on what you can do and you will pick up some tips and tricks. I download books from the library for free so I don't spend a lot on the books. Ask your local library if they offer this and they can probably teach you how to do it or you can PM me and I can walk you through it. We bought my dad one last year for a combination b'day/fathers day gift and he loves it. He has arthritis and was having trouble holding library books and this has solved all his problems. He downloads from the library too. Here in Mass. you can get a Boston Public Library card if you are a resident and they have a large selection of e-books. He signed up for one along with his local library and never buys books.

Enjoy! Meghan
Old 04-19-2012, 06:15 AM

I'm convinced - been more seriously considering a Nook this week, we spend oodles of time at B&N so free assistance would be another plus.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

scroll down and read a bit on the Nook here. i'm sure you can find more info out there. good luck
http://www.amazon.com/Barnes-Noble-N.../dp/1400532655
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 AM

I have a Kindle Fire. Staples sells them as well as Amazon and Staples can troubleshoot them for you.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM

You will love your Nook color. I have the Nook Color Tablet which is really amazing. They are easy to use and figure out and B & N will always help.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 PM

My wife and I each have color nooks. We enjoy using them every day. You will enjoy your nook.