Not my smartest move

Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM

I have a super busy week planned for this week. My MIL is coming in to town, as well as various Aunts and Uncles.

I have been so stressed out planning on getting things ready, that I have been having a hard time sleeping. That being said, my youngest crawled into be with me at 200 and my oldest was up at 330. I have essentially been up since yesterday.

In my brilliance, I sat down with the quilting board and now I am too tired to get up. :roll:

Clearly, I need to get my tail in gear, as dinner and house cleaning don't take care of themselves. SIGH
Old 09-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

sounds like you need some (down-time) relaxation- if browsing the board allows that---then take some time-
set a timer for an hour- when the timer goes off- shut down the computer- grab a beverage- and get your butt in gear! :)
feeling energized- with a good attitude.
everyone needs breaks- and if you give yourself permission to take that break it can energize and motivate you!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Maybe a nap would help? I like what ckcowl says. I use a timer a good bit for housework. I seem to get more done when I have set a time goal. Good music helps me move, too! Good luck!!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:51 AM

Thanks everyone!

I will get it together. I just put my chicken on for chicken and dumplings for dinner.

all the laundry is caught up.

I will be fine... just needed a few minutes. I am hoping that my hubby gets home early so maybe I could nap before the PTO meeting. I would love to do it now, but it would not be the best plan to leave the dogs to watch the 4 yr old. LOL :)
Old 09-06-2011, 11:16 AM

When that happens to me I try to sit on my couch with my head back and close my eyes for a few mintues, sometimes I have the tv on by it's just background noise. In 5 minutes or so I'm refreshed. Of course, it finally catches up with me after all the vistors are but I had most everything in place before they arribed.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:41 PM

My goodness, you are a busy lady... makes me tired just reading your post... hope your relative visits go nicely... dont forget to take care of yourself too!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

Hope you get caught up on some rest, girl!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Power Poster

Hope you can take a nap.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
When that happens to me I try to sit on my couch with my head back and close my eyes for a few mintues, sometimes I have the tv on by it's just background noise. In 5 minutes or so I'm refreshed. Of course, it finally catches up with me after all the vistors are but I had most everything in place before they arribed.
If i did that it would be a 2 hour nap!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 AM

I can so relate to your woes. Every time I know someone is coming for a stay, I panic, tear through the place, doing everything I should have done for the last three months and then by the time they get here, I am too exhusted to enjoy the visit. Why do we do this????