not such a good morning

Old 12-24-2010, 12:27 PM

Unless your oven is really old, you should have a switch in the electric box to turn off the power to the oven. When I replaced my stove a couple years ago, I had to have that line put in so that the stove could be "plugged in" instead of direct wired to the electric box.

Originally Posted by ncsewer
I got up and started some wash and checked the computer, all is good so far. I forgot that I put water on to boil and suddenly started to smell something. Grabbed the dry pan off the stove just as it was starting to smoke. Thanks goodness no fire anywhere, not sure about using the pan again, I'll scrub it up and see how it looks.

Then I got a pumpkin pie together and was putting it into the pre-heated oven. Somehow I pushed the rack wrong and the front tipped up and the pie filling went all down the back of the oven. I got most of it cleaned up, but there is a vent in the back wall and the pumpkin is in the vent openings. I tried to clean it out and can't get it. There are screws in there, so I'm sure it comes off, but I can't move the stove away from the wall and I think I need to unplug it just to be safe. So I guess that when DH gets home he can help me get it unplugged and take off the vent and clean it.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

Awww, what a bummer. Here's a BIG HUG!!! :D
Old 12-24-2010, 02:16 PM

Sounds like the sort of thing I would do, and have!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
Sounds like the sort of thing I would do, and have!
Yup, same here.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:47 PM

This was a wonderful day. I had to go to Joann. Yes I had to go. My DH bought me the Go. But forgot to ask about the mats. They don't come with the die you have to buy them. Then I went to the ATM for some cash.On the way home I seen a garage sale. So thought I had time to stop. She didn't have to much to sell.BUT I seen this black/brown case. I ask what was in it. She said just a old sewing machine. I ask to look at this."OMG" it was a old singer. I ask her how much she was asking. She said $10.00 "OMG" again to myself.Sure am happy I went to the ATM.So when I got home ask the DH to come to my truck. "It was so heavy" I
I jumped on the board to email Eddie he told me to email Lostn51.I did. This is what he told me I bought for $10.00
Singer 99 only 10,000 allotted Birthday August 19,1924.and she runs.Will call the man that fixes my other 2 machines. I will post pictures of her later.
What a wonderful day it has been for me.
Merry Christams everyone.Have a wonderful New Year
MaryMay
Old 12-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

Not a good day.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:06 PM

I am sorry you are not having a good day.It is there anything I can do to cheer you up.I will send up a prayer for you that the day will get better.Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:13 PM

Here's to a better day - just roll with the flow and enjoy yourself. Some one once said to be like the rock that stands firm, but personally I think it would be better to be like the water that flows over and around the rock and gets to see more things.