Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Now for Something Different >

Now for Something Different

Now for Something Different

Old 08-22-2016, 01:53 PM

Default Now for Something Different

Hi, my Quilting Friends. I thought I would post a couple colorful things for you. I have not started to quilt yet, as I still have a lot of stuff to do around the house. I also had cataract eyes surgery and I can see well now lol. Anyway, I went next door to take some food for my little ladies and spied some wooden chairs on their porch. They like to go to garage sales and find all sorts of good stuff.

I asked them the next time they come across chairs like these to get them for me and she said, YOu go right ahead and take them because the next door threw them in the trash and I couldn't bear It, so I took them in lol

So here they are with two coats of indoor/outdoor paint from the DecoArt line. You can just paint on the surface, no need to sand or anything or seal. I did wash them with Murphy's oil soap and sanded while they were wet, just a few rubs as the cat had scratched them up a bit. I hosed them down and left them in the sun to bake.

Today I painted them and baked them in the sun again. Tomorrow I will add the third coat and then do some artwork on the seat. I will post when they are done. I have two of the chairs. I painted one Hyacinth and one a Fuscia Pink.

This paint can paint on plastic also, so I tried it on a plastic outside chair, will post that later...
Attached Thumbnails dsci0042.jpg   dsci0046.jpg   dsci0047.jpg  
Old 08-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

Wow! Beautiful!
Old 08-22-2016, 02:03 PM

Oh so pretty! What kind of paint did you use that paints on plastic too?
Old 08-22-2016, 02:14 PM

Love your chairs! The colors are fantastic.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
Hi, my Quilting Friends. I thought I would post a couple colorful things for you. I have not started to quilt yet, as I still have a lot of stuff to do around the house. I also had cataract eyes surgery and I can see well now lol. Anyway, I went next door to take some food for my little ladies and spied some wooden chairs on their porch. They like to go to garage sales and find all sorts of good stuff.

I asked them the next time they come across chairs like these to get them for me and she said, YOu go right ahead and take them because the next door threw them in the trash and I couldn't bear It, so I took them in lol

So here they are with two coats of indoor/outdoor paint from the DecoArt line. You can just paint on the surface, no need to sand or anything or seal. I did wash them with Murphy's oil soap and sanded while they were wet, just a few rubs as the cat had scratched them up a bit. I hosed them down and left them in the sun to bake.

Today I painted them and baked them in the sun again. Tomorrow I will add the third coat and then do some artwork on the seat. I will post when they are done. I have two of the chairs. I painted one Hyacinth and one a Fuscia Pink.

This paint can paint on plastic also, so I tried it on a plastic outside chair, will post that later...
So cheerful. Good job.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

They have been renewed. Wonderful.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:06 PM

Oh, I love them. Nice job!
Old 08-22-2016, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

Great chairs! Chalk paint-? It is so fun....
Old 08-22-2016, 04:28 PM

As everyone says, "They are beautiful." Was this paint a spray or did you brush it on? If you used a brush, you are one extraordinary painter!! Great job!!
Old 08-22-2016, 04:44 PM

beautiful
love the bright colors