Obsessions

Old 11-11-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
Guess I'd have to call it an obsession. Can't resist picking up those "Lil Fat Notebooks" and journals. My feet automatically pitter pat to the stationery isle when shopping and I peruse the shelves for some new delight. Maybe it's the shiny, happy covers, the smell of the paper, the width of the space between the lines or............

What about you ???
Since I can't remember things, I have those same little fat notebooks all over my house, where ever I may need to write a note.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

now i'm buying adult coloring books, but in calendars, notbooks, address books, gift cards, 3 x 3 inch sticky notes. the dollar store by me is carrying all sorts of little ones. great gifts.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:37 PM

I love pencils and pens, colored and fancy paperclips and cute little plastic boxes to keep things in. I also like the sticky notes in bright neon colors, paper pads to write notes on, lots of colored paper, and anything in the office supply line that is glitzy! Way back when I was a little girl, my Dad was away at war, and Mom had an account at a small neighborhood grocery store in the little town we lived in. Since the store had pencils and I was in the first grade, each day I would go in on my way to school and buy a pencil and charge it to Mom's account, it was only 5 cents, but when she got the bill at the end of the month, she never punished me, but just said not to buy any more pencils, ha! The grocer had just thought it was OK, because she often sent me to the store to buy small grocery items. And back in that day and time, the world was so different than it is now, kids in our town played all day in the neighborhoods and just made sure to come home before the street lights came on, or when we heard our parents calling us.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

I can't resist nail polish, ink pens that write every time (I don't care if they are cheap as long as they write), and small planners and address books. I keep calendars everywhere. hehe...
Old 11-11-2016, 06:09 PM

Lamps. Yes, you read that right. I have lamps of every shape and size. I love to buy them at thrift stores and yard sales. I love to repaint them, decorate the shades, admire their bases if they're cool to start with. Not to mention, I crave light.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

All of you notebook people would go nuts in Tuesday Morning Store. The notebooks are awesome, jewel encrusted, elaborately printed, beautiful paper, and so many color and size choices. My obsession is wind chimes. The quality ones that sound like music notes. I have many in our yard. No clanking, or tinkling sounds from these. They all sound like organ music. Love them.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:39 AM

I used to have lots of tins. Got rid of them. Mistake? Who knows. I could have put quilting supplies but I was worried I would have stacks of tins I could not see in and never find my stuff!
love my Longaberger. Thought I was alone with that one!!! Sad how the company is going.. has anyone ever seen the big market basket that was their headquarters? Very impressive.
and school supplies. Pens!! Pencils paper notebooks. Again, I thought it was just me? Is there some correlation between quilting and supplies? That's interesting...
Old 11-13-2016, 07:29 AM

I pick up the Mead notebooks with notebook rule on one side and quad grid on the back. I have about 10 that I need to use but still look every time I go to an Office supply store. They are just so handy to have when figuring out quilty things and taking to Guild for notes. All my ideas, plans, hints are in one space.