Thread: Obsessions
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 04:37 PM
ShirlR

I love pencils and pens, colored and fancy paperclips and cute little plastic boxes to keep things in. I also like the sticky notes in bright neon colors, paper pads to write notes on, lots of colored paper, and anything in the office supply line that is glitzy! Way back when I was a little girl, my Dad was away at war, and Mom had an account at a small neighborhood grocery store in the little town we lived in. Since the store had pencils and I was in the first grade, each day I would go in on my way to school and buy a pencil and charge it to Mom's account, it was only 5 cents, but when she got the bill at the end of the month, she never punished me, but just said not to buy any more pencils, ha! The grocer had just thought it was OK, because she often sent me to the store to buy small grocery items. And back in that day and time, the world was so different than it is now, kids in our town played all day in the neighborhoods and just made sure to come home before the street lights came on, or when we heard our parents calling us.