omg!! the weather

Old 02-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Here in N.E. OH is really snowy and icy but man o man, it's just winter. Oklahoma on the other hand is getting hammered! 6o mph winds, 2 ft o snow and sheets of ice for roads . . . thank goodness we r not homeless. And please remind your neighbors to bring in the animals
Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

When my military DD called this morning, 6:30 her CO time, and told me it was -45, I gasped and told her to go right back in he house and call in sick!!
EVERY school district in CO Springs was closed, even the hard core-stay open ones. But SHE had to go in to the Air Force Pediatric Clinic...... where she said they'd probably end up seeing little babies for well baby check. And she wished she could call CPS on those mothers who had kids home because the schools deemed it too cold for child safety, but the parents felt it perfectly okay to subject them to he wind and temperatures to see the doctor for issues that had been around for several days.

After she arrived at work she sent me a picture of the ice frozen on the whole INSIDE of her office window!!

I'd like to pinch somebody's nose!

Jan in VA
Old 02-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

We are getting our snow now and it will be followed by bitterly cold temp. Ahhhh......winter.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:34 PM

Yikes, I haven't seen ice on the inside of my windows in so long! Don't really want to see it again either. We got about 5 inches of snow today with some sleet and freezing rain. We're waiting for the second storm - tonight/tomorrow. We're suppose to get 3 inches of ice. I just hope we don't lose power. Ah, the trials of winter.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:34 PM

On the evening news they said Wichita had been in a blizzard for 18 hours. Winds are gusting to over 40mph and windchills are dangerous. And then they had the audicity to say we get to do it all over again this coming weekend, but without the strong winds.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Stay safe all...
Old 02-01-2011, 05:44 PM

we are in NE Ok and have huge drifts,some about 5 feet tall. The wind chills are below zero and it's supposed to be colder tomarrow. At times we couldn't see anything outside. I sure hope spring is coming soon for everyone.
Everyone has had enough winter.
Can't complain too much tho we are warm and have food and and water. I have my machine and can spend time at it.
God is good!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 PM

here in northeast ohio it is raining but as soon as it hit the ground it is freezing. gonna take my time going to work tomorrow -may have hubby drive me. spent the day lounging on the couch with my furbaby - wanted to sew but just didn't get around to it.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:55 PM

I live here in Central Oklahoma & it has been a heck of a Winter Storm! We got 12 inches of snow with a layer of sleet under it. Had winds in excess of 45 mph gusts. Temp right now in the backyard is 10. The windchill was approx. 15 below 0 today. :shock: We are not equipped to handle this type of weather. Everything shut down in OKC & surrounding towns today & for tomorrow too. Poor kids want to go play in the snow but the temps & wind has been too brutal.

On a sad note, a 20 yr old female was sledding behind a vehicle & hit a barricade of some sort so that fatality is the only one I know of during this mess. So sad. So dangerous to be on anything tied to a vehickle in ice or snow!

We shall survive and are staying in hunkered down for the long haul if need be. DH & the 2 furbutts & I here & all of our kids & grands are safely at their homes. :thumbup:
Old 02-01-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
When my military DD called this morning, 6:30 her CO time, and told me it was -45, I gasped and told her to go right back in he house and call in sick!!
EVERY school district in CO Springs was closed, even the hard core-stay open ones. But SHE had to go in to the Air Force Pediatric Clinic...... where she said they'd probably end up seeing little babies for well baby check. And she wished she could call CPS on those mothers who had kids home because the schools deemed it too cold for child safety, but the parents felt it perfectly okay to subject them to he wind and temperatures to see the doctor for issues that had been around for several days.

After she arrived at work she sent me a picture of the ice frozen on the whole INSIDE of her office window!!

I'd like to pinch somebody's nose!

Jan in VA
It would probably fall off!