Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A whole quilting day perhaps? >

A whole quilting day perhaps?

A whole quilting day perhaps?

Old 02-01-2011, 05:05 PM

Just called the emergency phone number at the office and they've already announced we'll be closed tomorrow and possibly Thursday (I doubt that).

I hope I'll get to have a whole day quilting tomorrow.

Whheeeeeeee

The snow is getting deep but it's the wind here that is the real problem. 60MPH. The snow is actually stuck to the windows from being blown so hard. Have about ... oh darn. I opened the door a crack to see how many inches we had (cause I can't see out the windows!) and got blasted in the face with snow/ice. Guess I'll find out how much is out there tomorrow :)

All my neighbors made the round-robin of phone calls to make sure everyone got home safe and sound.

Hunkered down in Snowville Illinois.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:08 PM

I lived in Illinois and think Snowville was near-by :)
Old 02-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

Have fun sewing tomorrow. DGD doesn't have school tomorrow and so it's a no sew day for me.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:17 PM

Whew! Even way down south here, we had 60 mph straight line winds this am! Knocked out power and blew over trees,etc.. Everything on my patio was blown up against the fence, chairs, BBQ grill, trashcan! I even put my sweats and tennis shoes on at 3 am, was nervous, thunder, lightning, and brrrrrr....cold and wet! :oops:
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Just called the emergency phone number at the office and they've already announced we'll be closed tomorrow and possibly Thursday (I doubt that).

I hope I'll get to have a whole day quilting tomorrow.

Whheeeeeeee

The snow is getting deep but it's the wind here that is the real problem. 60MPH. The snow is actually stuck to the windows from being blown so hard. Have about ... oh darn. I opened the door a crack to see how many inches we had (cause I can't see out the windows!) and got blasted in the face with snow/ice. Guess I'll find out how much is out there tomorrow :)

All my neighbors made the round-robin of phone calls to make sure everyone got home safe and sound.

Hunkered down in Snowville Illinois.
We are waiting for our turn here in upstate NY
Old 02-01-2011, 05:43 PM

I get a snowday tomorrow, and if they can't get the neighborhoods plowed out, I'm sure we will have another one on Thursday!! :wink: The principal even told some of the students that Friday might be a day off because it's supposed to be so cold. Could that be possible??!!! :? Could a five day weekend be in my future??!!! :lol: Probably not. Oh, well. In the meantime, I will be getting some work done around here -- digging out, sewing, digging out, school-related work, digging out, cooking, digging out, etc. I think you get the picture! :roll:
Old 02-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

It's raining hard and about 40 degrees here in my part of VA.
We keep holding our breath waiting for sleet/icing/snow/cold but we've dodged the storm so far. I'm just so grateful the furnace isn't running constantly to keep me at 66-67 inside like it does when outside is below 30. The bill is a killer.

Jan in VA -- thinking of heading to bed with a good book and the sound of the rain on the tin roof.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:34 PM

Our first casuaty of "Snowzilla 2011" (probably not the last with these winds) is one greenhouse panel. We heard something crash into the house so braved the winds and went out to check. Now that one panel is gone, I'm almost certain we'll lose more before this is over.

The wind is howling something fierce out there. The windows - which are 1 year old Pella's - are vibrating from the wind.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 PM

Here in central Louisiana, we're only hoping for enough ice for one day of sewing. Well, maybe the kids are really praying for a day of wii, but I'm all about the quilting.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

I live about 35 miles South of St. Louis and we got mostly sleet. Doubt the kids will have school before next Monday. We are to get high winds and cold temps. Not getting much snow.