Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Online funeral guestbooks

Online funeral guestbooks

Do you expess your condolences on an online "guestbook"??

I do, if it is someone who is not in my immediate social circle. Otherwise, i will snail-mail a card. But I admit to wondering if this is less personal. ??
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I don't ... my sentiments are for the family of the bereaved and not for everyone in the world to see and know what I have said!
    I'll send a card or cards (as appropriate) ... and/or reach out to them IRL at the visitation, funeral and before or after both ... again as appropriate, according to my connection to them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    i feel that funerals are a very personal matter and require human interaction. if in person is not possible, then a personally written note is the next best thing.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

My uncle who was a former football coach died and many of his former students express their admiration for him and how he affected their lives. I think it was a nice tribute to him for the world to see. The former students may have sent private messages to the family also.

I had a very dear friend die and I did leave condolences on the funeral home's questbook. I really just knew her and not anyone else. We emailed and visited several times, knew each other about 6 yrs. She lived about 7-8 hours away. I would have felt very out of place.
    I sent her Daughter and family a card with a personal note and her grown Granddaughter a personal card too.
    Not every funeral is close by.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

When I can't go to a funeral I try to send flowers. When it is someone I just barely knew but I want the family to know I'm sorry that they died then I send a sympathy card. The on line stuff just seems too quick and impersonal, like something you would do standing in line at the grocery check out or something.

The only way I'll drop 10 pounds is to go shopping in England. - Maxine-

When my sister passed away last year she had requested a private service for family only. She was well-known in her community and many people sent online comments about how she had affected their lives. Many also sent cards. I enjoyed reading the comments because of the comfort it gave me knowing she was so well-loved by many people.

I've only commented one time on a funeral home's guestbook. It was for an Art teacher I had when I was in 7th grade. I didn't know her family, but I wanted them to know she meant a lot to me and taught me a lot of things about Art. The family acknowledged the postings, thanking everyone for remembering their loved one.

Blog Entries
    After loosing several family members in less than 2 years I would like to say this I really llike a personal card or note the best they seem so much more personal AND correspondance with a return address makes it so much easier when you set down to write out all them cards and thank yous

One of my dearest older friends had an online guestbook. I wrote a quick note about how wonderful she was and a personal childhood memory. I wanted to celebrate her life. It was the perfect place for that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast