Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: is it only me

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    is it only me who thinks this way? my son is attending school in upsate new york, it is in the middle of no where. i spoke to him ealier today and he said he had gone to church but it took him forever to get back home. he said when you get behind a horse and buggy there is nothing you can do but drive slow. i thought he was kidding because it is so rural then i asked what he was talking about and he said he lives by belfast new york there is a big amish community there. my first response was are there any quilt shops? he didn't answer. LOL

Blog Entries
    Hee-Hee!! :D That would be my first
    question too!! :D That's just to funny.
    :D :D :D :D

lol yea I think that way. When I first found out we were moving to Ft. Campbell, KY I asked several people on the army wives board that I was a member on if there were any quilt shops around Hopkinsville because there is a fairly large Amish community there. No one knew!

:D Too funny!

:D :D :D

Justwanna quilt - My DH was stationed at Ft Campbell when we were married 33 years ago. We were back about 4 years ago and were able to find the trailer we lived in, in a subdivision down 41A toward Clarksville. Was astonished at how much it had grown! Unfortunately, I wasn't into quilting at the time. :(

Since I started quilting again, my first question when i go anywhere is, "Hmmm, I wonder if there are any quilt shops in the area."

In fact, I already found one that is actually on my way home from DS tomorrow.

So Trupeach, you are definitely NOT the only one that thinks that way. :thumbup:

No, I am constantly asking if there are any quilt shops to all kinds of people in all kinds of situations!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
    lol yea I think that way. When I first found out we were moving to Ft. Campbell, KY I asked several people on the army wives board that I was a member on if there were any quilt shops around Hopkinsville because there is a fairly large Amish community there. No one knew!
    My nephew is stationed there right now and my Brother was there back in the 90's .
    Amish shops are the Best .. would have been my first thought also :wink:

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries

I am from near Holmes county Ohio. There is a serious Amish community there. They use back roads mostly. Fortunately for everyone, this helps the horses and the cars.

Lots of shops ( ! ) The Amish community depends on the "English" as part of their economy. PS they do not pay into nor take out of Social Security. They take care of their own. Interesting books written about their lifestyle in today's world, written in novel form.

The Quilter's Daughter, Daughters of Lancaster County Series #2 by Wanda Brunstetter.

No, not only you ! Wash day is fun to see.. All the quilts and are out to hang dry on wash day.. What a beautiful sight !!!

well, tru...lol...at my age...my very first question is:
    where is the bathroom? and then, yes, I am wondering,
    "so, where are the quilt shops?"...and do they have a bathroom :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast