Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   is it only me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/only-me-t26141.html)

trupeach 09-27-2009 04:45 PM

is it only me who thinks this way? my son is attending school in upsate new york, it is in the middle of no where. i spoke to him ealier today and he said he had gone to church but it took him forever to get back home. he said when you get behind a horse and buggy there is nothing you can do but drive slow. i thought he was kidding because it is so rural then i asked what he was talking about and he said he lives by belfast new york there is a big amish community there. my first response was are there any quilt shops? he didn't answer. LOL

SulaBug 09-27-2009 04:48 PM

Hee-Hee!! :D That would be my first
question too!! :D That's just to funny.
:D :D :D :D

justwannaquilt 09-27-2009 04:49 PM

lol yea I think that way. When I first found out we were moving to Ft. Campbell, KY I asked several people on the army wives board that I was a member on if there were any quilt shops around Hopkinsville because there is a fairly large Amish community there. No one knew!

TX_Cutie 09-27-2009 04:50 PM

:D Too funny!

Eddie 09-27-2009 04:51 PM

:D :D :D

nursie76 09-27-2009 04:58 PM

Justwanna quilt - My DH was stationed at Ft Campbell when we were married 33 years ago. We were back about 4 years ago and were able to find the trailer we lived in, in a subdivision down 41A toward Clarksville. Was astonished at how much it had grown! Unfortunately, I wasn't into quilting at the time. :(

Since I started quilting again, my first question when i go anywhere is, "Hmmm, I wonder if there are any quilt shops in the area."

In fact, I already found one that is actually on my way home from DS tomorrow.

So Trupeach, you are definitely NOT the only one that thinks that way. :thumbup:

Jim's Gem 09-27-2009 05:47 PM

No, I am constantly asking if there are any quilt shops to all kinds of people in all kinds of situations!

sharon b 09-27-2009 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
lol yea I think that way. When I first found out we were moving to Ft. Campbell, KY I asked several people on the army wives board that I was a member on if there were any quilt shops around Hopkinsville because there is a fairly large Amish community there. No one knew!

My nephew is stationed there right now and my Brother was there back in the 90's .
Amish shops are the Best .. would have been my first thought also :wink:

chairjogger 09-27-2009 06:13 PM

I am from near Holmes county Ohio. There is a serious Amish community there. They use back roads mostly. Fortunately for everyone, this helps the horses and the cars.

Lots of shops ( ! ) The Amish community depends on the "English" as part of their economy. PS they do not pay into nor take out of Social Security. They take care of their own. Interesting books written about their lifestyle in today's world, written in novel form.

The Quilter's Daughter, Daughters of Lancaster County Series #2 by Wanda Brunstetter.

No, not only you ! Wash day is fun to see.. All the quilts and are out to hang dry on wash day.. What a beautiful sight !!!

Mousie 09-27-2009 07:21 PM

well, tru...lol...at my age...my very first question is:
where is the bathroom? and then, yes, I am wondering,
"so, where are the quilt shops?"...and do they have a bathroom :mrgreen: