Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Oof-da...dodged a bullet!!!

It is still too dark to see how much wind damage we may have gotten overnight, but I CAN see that we didn't get any snow. The snow stayed west and south of us. Lots of schools closed in those areas today. Freezing temps and winds today, but the storm is now moving east.

For those of you that got hit by this one, or are still in its' path, please stay safe today.

Patti

You stay safe also! I caught your expression in the title. My grandma used to say that all the time and I catch myself saying it instead of %@#*((!!

Glad your okay. Supposed to be here for one more day, the wind is so terrible! I have no other homes around me, so you can really hear and feel it!

I hope you all stay safe! God bless. (I like 'oof-da!)

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    You stay safe also! I caught your expression in the title. My grandma used to say that all the time and I catch myself saying it instead of %@#*((!!
    Being a west-coast Canadian, I had never heard "oof-da" until I moved here. Now I also find myself using instead it of @%#. LOL

still weirdly warm here, with the crazy winds! we had 3 big trees come down last night...one right in front of the car, one right behind the car, and one by the road/driveway...crazy! no damage to anything except the trees themselves. of course they are saying that the worst is yet to come...huge waves on this little inland lake i spend my days at. luckily we have not (yet) lost power! we shall see what the day brings, since the high=winds warning is in effect until 8pm we still have 11 hours to get through ;)

That is one big storm. Stay safe everyone.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    We were hit by it yesterday with no damage. Had tornado sirens going off. Apparently there were 5 different tornadoes spotted that did not touch down, thank God for that.

Blog Entries
    We just got the winds from it, a little lightening & thunder & not near enough rain! Hope everyone missed the bullet....

Take care.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast