Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Well I bit the bullet..........

I went out last night and bought myself a new embroidery machine. I got a Brother PE750D. I love it. It is so much faster than my walmart one and it has a bigger hoop which is why I bought it. I'll post a pic of it later. My old machine starting acting up so I took it in to be fixed and he told me that he couldn't guarantee it because it was all plastic. It was a great starter machine for me and I probably wouldn't have gotten hooked on embroidery without it. But now that I have found out how much I like embroidery I just had to upgrade and the new one has steel on the inside so it should last a long time. I also can trade it in if I decide to upgrade again.

WooHoo!!! Congrats!!! Its playtime!!!!! Have fun and enjoy!!!!!!

What fun! Enjoy all your new designs.

Congratulations. I have not figured out my embroidery stuff yet. Yea, I cam make simple quilt labels but am having issues with loading the program on my computer and stuff!!!

Have fun with your new machine and I hope you don't have the issues I'm having!!!

Blog Entries
    How exciting!! :D

Getting a new machine is so much fun!!! 8)

WooHooo! Congrats & have a blast playing with it! :D

Woo hoo!! That's awesome. can't wait to see your new best friend!

ENJOY!!! :mrgreen:

Congrats! Can't wait to see what you create with it! Lucky YOU!

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Congratulations!!!! I didn't think I wanted or would use an embroidery machine but someone permanently loaned me theirs and I am loving it. Several of you have inspired me to try things with it. I'm hooked and loving it.

Congrats!!! I love my embroidery function on my machine!

Whoo hoo! CONGRATS!!

Banned
    I thought you were going to say that you did laundry too! grats on the new baby:)

Banned
    WAY TO GO GIRL
    I can't wait to see all the pretties you make with it..
    I want one so bad, but no way can i afford one....... :cry:

Blog Entries
    Have a great time with it!!! IT is sooo much fun!

Blog Entries
    Enjoy.

I love my emb machine.
    I started out quilting and got a Husk/Viking Des 1 and loved it for pieceing...then I went into another shop and found the Brother 8500...what a work horse...well, I sold the Viking and kept the Brother (since at that time I wasn't doing much sewing) then this last year I really got back into it again...and found I wanted much more and bought the 4500Duetta...I love that machine...and I cannot afford a Quattro...
    My Duetta is in the shop becuase I feel it wasn't working right but I still have my 8500 which I will not sell...even though the shop asked me if I wanted to.
    I love machine emb...and quilting...
    Hope you love it as well, any questions pm me
    K

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Where is the best place to find embroidery patterns? I've downloaded a couple free and one I bought. I've had good luck with both but how and where is the best place? I was in Joanns yesterday and I'm pretty sure that isn't it.

I really like the designs at these two sites
    http://www.designsbysick.com/
    http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/default.aspx
    Make sure that you go to the sale page on the embroidery library site. They usually run some pretty good sales.

Quote Originally Posted by KO24
    I love my emb machine.
    I started out quilting and got a Husk/Viking Des 1 and loved it for pieceing...then I went into another shop and found the Brother 8500...what a work horse...well, I sold the Viking and kept the Brother (since at that time I wasn't doing much sewing) then this last year I really got back into it again...and found I wanted much more and bought the 4500Duetta...I love that machine...and I cannot afford a Quattro...
    My Duetta is in the shop becuase I feel it wasn't working right but I still have my 8500 which I will not sell...even though the shop asked me if I wanted to.
    I love machine emb...and quilting...
    Hope you love it as well, any questions pm me
    K
    I also looked at the Quattro but I don't think that I'll ever be able to afford that one unless I win the lottery.
    I was using my machine last night and it started acting up. The tension is not right and I've tried every adjustment on it and I still can't get it. The bobbin thread is pulling thru to the top. I was doing a design in blue and the design is all white. The dealership is not open on Sundays so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to call them. My Aunt bought the same machine yesterday and had the same problem straight out of the box. I was able to do several designs before mine started acting up. I hope that this is not something that is going to keep happening. The dealership is an hour away and I already had to go back yesterday because they forgot to give the accessorie pack.

way to go!!! one of these days I will get me an embroidery machines!!!

ccbear, I'm going to start my comment with a caution - the following is not for the faint of heart LOL

You're not the only one who has experienced tension problems on these machines. I have the non-Disney version of this machine, the 700. I've had the same tension issues that you've had, and none of the machine adjustments have helped. First, I bought a spare bobbin case so I had one set-at-the-factory in case I messed up big time :D Then I took a screwdriver to my bobbin case and adjusted it for the pre-wounds I use all the time. (I get my pre-wounds from kittyshack.) I still have to adjust on the machine if I change threads, but it works much better now. If you don't want to buy another bobbin case, you can mark your bobbin case where the screw is now. I have to tell you, I've never had to put that spare bobbin case in the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roben
    ccbear, I'm going to start my comment with a caution - the following is not for the faint of heart LOL

You're not the only one who has experienced tension problems on these machines. I have the non-Disney version of this machine, the 700. I've had the same tension issues that you've had, and none of the machine adjustments have helped. First, I bought a spare bobbin case so I had one set-at-the-factory in case I messed up big time :D Then I took a screwdriver to my bobbin case and adjusted it for the pre-wounds I use all the time. (I get my pre-wounds from kittyshack.) I still have to adjust on the machine if I change threads, but it works much better now. If you don't want to buy another bobbin case, you can mark your bobbin case where the screw is now. I have to tell you, I've never had to put that spare bobbin case in the machine.

I don't even know how to adjust the bobbin tension. Can you tell me how to do that.

When you take out the bobbin case, there are 2 screws - one flat and one phillips. You turn the flat screw to the right (to tighten) or to the left (to loosen). Turn the screw just a hair then sew out a small design to check your tension.

I ended up needing to tighten mine, since the pre-wound thread I use is so fine. It took a couple of tries to get it the way I wanted it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast