Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Our evening guest

have never seen a photo of one, or one in a zoo.........thanks for sharing- a most interesting bird.

When I visited my cousins in Australia, they would come and sit on the railing like that. She cut raw steak into narrow strips and we placed them on our flat hand toward the bird. He would peck the meat off. That was so much fun. We would end up with several that saw what was going on and also wanted to be fed.
    Jean in MI

Nothing more Aussie than a kookaburra sitting in front of a good old Hills hoist.

Blog Entries
    What a nice friend. Thanks from Mid-Michigan for posting the beautiful bird. He is of course, strange to me, I'm used to seeing wrens, finches, beautiful - but mean bluejays, and cardinals feeding at my house. And every so often I see a bald eagle soaring or mousing from one of my horse fence posts. I will probably never get to your country so thanks for sharing part of you nature.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    What an awesome guest, love it when birds show up to "spin a yarn or two".
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Gorgeous bird! We maintain 3 feeders and enjoy our 7 pairs of cardinals as well as juncos, tufted titmice, chicadees, sparrows, blue jays.

He is beautiful.....How nice to be blessed with such beauty...Thanks for sharing.

Oh, I haven't seen one in years and years -- lived outside Melbourne for a year when I was 16-17 MANY years ago, and I loved them. Thank you so much for sharing -- you made my day!

How cool! And what a beautiful view you have!!!

Up North said: Now the kookaburra song is flitting through my head!!

Wonder how many of us that happened to as we read this?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast