Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Our New Quilt Inspector!

Our New Quilt Inspector!

We lost our old kitty last fall when she went to sleep and didn't wake up. We've been hesitant to "replace" her, so when we saw a "Free Kittens" sign outside of a farm, we decided to just "stop". We were told that this little guy was the only kitty in his litter and that the mother was so old that she no longer had milk for him and that he would probably not make it. Upon hearing this, our youngest daughter (the animal lover--especially when it comes to kitties) put the kitten in her jacket, zipped it up and walked to our van, lol.

We drove to DH's workplace to see what he thought. The farm owner had told us that if it didn't work out, we could bring the kitty back. DH was hemming and hawing about this and really not sure. As he was staring at the kitty with uncertain eyes, our DD held the kitty up and said, "Happy Father's Day!" DH looks at me, as I'm dying of laughter, and said, "How could I say no to her Father's Day present??" So, now we have a new family member, lol.

This is how I found him one day. Ironic, since a few years back when we gave our kitty loving DD her own kitten (the white one) for a birthday present, I found him in almost the exact same position. And they're both obsessed with quilts. Go figure, lol. The first two photos were taken last week. The last photo was taken in 2011.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Oh, cute overload. Such a little love.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Enjoy your new friend. Looks like a quilting pal if I ever saw one. Don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my Sheltie around to keep me exercized and sit and by my side and look out the window as I quilt. Love the coloring and markings on your new furry friend. Hope you build lots and lots of new memories with you new little friend. Enjoy!!!!

Blog Entries
    What a little beauty! Enjoy your new helper.

Blog Entries
    He's going to be an expert quilter soon! Great story and thanks for giving me a smile today!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

What a lucky puss cat to have found such a loving home.

Blog Entries
    That is one cute kitten and even sweeter story!!! thanks for sharing!!! (and I'm a dog lover!!)
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Blog Entries
    Little guy's name?

Happy Fathers Day to all men and all single ladies that are parents !Yes the single parent has to do double duty and be both Mom and Dad. Your quilt police looks like a keeper to me. Hugs

Blog Entries
    If you haven't named him yet, here's a suggestion; Nome (last four letters of Janome).

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast