pasta cookers

Old 12-01-2010, 06:52 AM

Has anyone tried those microwave pasta cookers advertised on tv If so do you like them
Old 12-01-2010, 08:10 AM

OK-embarrassed to admit it but I fall for anything "as seen on tv"; if you don't believe me check out my basement. BUT--I love the pasta cooker. I have the one that's a blue oval shape with yellow handles. Is this the one you mean? (I also have 3 or 4 others but we won't talk about them LOL). I got the blue one about 2 yrs ago when it first came out and I use it all the time. The directions are correct--the timing is perfect that they have listed. It cooks up to 4 servings without the pasta sticking together. I haven't tried veggies in it but it says you can.

Now, about those other items in my basement: if anyone needs a review of "as seen on tv" items, I'm the expert LOL>
Old 12-01-2010, 11:41 AM

I have the pasta cooker and we use it in our trailer. It seems to make great pasta, but I haven't tried it for any of the other recipes. I have an extra one that I am going to give to my daughter.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:42 AM

I haven't seen it on TV but I want one!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by cherylynne
I have the pasta cooker and we use it in our trailer. It seems to make great pasta, but I haven't tried it for any of the other recipes. I have an extra one that I am going to give to my daughter.
i have one for my trailer too..it has a red top, long clear plastic. with a lid for draining. it works perfect..for the trailer..i don't need it at home, because i have a drainer/colandar..and i don't have the room for something else in my kitchen!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 PM

OH my you sound like my husband but I will say my favorite is the Nuwave cooker!!

Originally Posted by janRN
OK-embarrassed to admit it but I fall for anything "as seen on tv"; if you don't believe me check out my basement. BUT--I love the pasta cooker. I have the one that's a blue oval shape with yellow handles. Is this the one you mean? (I also have 3 or 4 others but we won't talk about them LOL). I got the blue one about 2 yrs ago when it first came out and I use it all the time. The directions are correct--the timing is perfect that they have listed. It cooks up to 4 servings without the pasta sticking together. I haven't tried veggies in it but it says you can.

Now, about those other items in my basement: if anyone needs a review of "as seen on tv" items, I'm the expert LOL>
Old 12-01-2010, 02:38 PM

are we talking about the one where you pour in boiling water and just let it sit? DH cooks pasta this way, YUCK!! And he is Italian, he should know better. Pasta needs boiling water!!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:45 PM

No-altho I have that one too. I like the one that you fill with pasta and water and put in microwave--it really works. I'm Italian, too, and we have pasta a lot and I'm really fussy about it; maybe you should get him this one for Christmas ?????
Old 12-01-2010, 03:02 PM

I have given up trying to tell him how to cook - he cooks his stuff and I cook mine. Then he eats what I cook, whatever is left over. Then I clean up after him. But it's all good :thumbup:
Old 12-01-2010, 03:59 PM

My daughter gave me one, but I have never used it (don't tell her). She, however, uses hers all the time for different things and loves it.