Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Please help me calm down ... >

Please help me calm down ...

Please help me calm down ...

Old 07-10-2010, 03:41 PM

call a tow truck and have them move the car it on private property your's and preventing you from leaving.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:23 PM

Hi RG22,i just wanted to check on you and see how your doing Sweetie,i don't want to bring up thoughts of your friend to hurt you in any way but i no this must have broke your heart to see them toteing away your friends things but more than that to block your drive way well that's a whole ballgame with in it's self.Sweetie some folks just don't care yes i said it "just don't care" about any ones feelings or property you could have needed out of your drive but no they didn't care they were only thinking of them selfs or to get a Feather stuck in their hat.I sure hope the Police took care of it for you when you ask them to move the frist time that should have taken care of it or either the lady running the sale should have told them they can't block your drive you should not have to feel like you needed to block you own driveway they should have repected it with out having to be told so. Sorry for venting so long but i was just thinking about you.Blessings (:)
Old 07-10-2010, 04:45 PM

I am sorry about your friend. It must be awful watching strangers leave with things that meant something to her.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:49 PM

This may be too late....but do you have sawhorses??? Or a BIG box??? Post a big sign that says "Absolutely NO PARKING" and put it at the end of your driveway. THEN call the police if there's more problems. You can tell them that medical problems forces you to NEED the driveway cleared.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6
I know the problem is over and done with, but if any of you encounter a similar situation, a really easy way to take care of it is just to go on and park YOUR car blocking your drivway and sticking out in the street just enough that no one can park there.

We used to live in a house right downtown with a restaurant no less next door. There were only 4 parking spots in front of the reataurant, and 4 in front of our house, plus our driveway, of course...

I eventually made a sign with an arrow pointing to my driveway that said "Resident Dragon Will Eat Any Vehicle Parked In This Driveway" to put on the fence by the drive. That worked pretty well.
OH, I read this later.....GOOD idea!