Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Some things you just have to laugh at....afterward you calm down.

Ever have a day (or two or three) where no matter what you do, it always seems to come back and bite you? Sunday night I made a huge pan of cherry flavored jello with mashed bananas and pineapple for the Admin meeting on Monday. Not all of it was eaten, but it was still pretty solid, so I just put in the back seat of my car. I had to go golfing, and of course it got warm and the jello melted. And I forgot about it..... On the way home, some young whipper snapper pulled out from a side street, and I had to put on the brakes pretty quickly to avoid hitting him. At the exact moment that I remembered the jello, I actually felt it hit the back of my seat and slide down. Let me tell you that it isn't easy to get pineapple out of the air vents. And if that wasn't enough of a test of my patience, on Tuesday when I was making my sandwich, apparently someone who used the mayo last didn't put the top on tight. When I took it out to place it on the counter, the top stayed in my hand and the bottom fell, landed sideways, and I now have a half a jar of mayo all over the floor, the lower cabinets AND the splash affect on the upper cabinets. I am already late for work, I am so angry that I just leave the entire mess. All the way to work I am fuming because of the actions of others.....which I always seem to have the consequences for. I get to work, and start to settle down. Hubby calls me at 9:30am and asks if I had come home after I went to work,(huh?) and of course I said NO. Well, he says, then someone must have broke into the house and I guess I scared him cuz he dropped the mayo on the floor when he ran away.
    I was caught between being so mad at the situation and laughing at what he said. I am running out of room to continue the rest of thing that have been happening to me.

Please continue with your story. You make my life sound so much more normal!

Blog Entries
    Crawl into bed , pull the covers over your head and let life go on around you :wink: Hope it gets better

"Crawl into bed , pull the covers over your head and let life go on around you Hope it gets better"

That's what I would do also

At least it was mayo and not a stopped up toilet that overflowed......I had a rough morning.....lol!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    All I can say it I feel your pain. It will get better. Hang in there.

LOL oh, my what a time you have had

haha...my mom came to visit once, and she loves homemade blue cheese dressing - which I cannot stand to even look at...well, she used my kitchenaid blender - and did not realize that you just lift the glass part and pour...she unscrewed it like the older type...and yep, blue cheese mess everywhere...in the cabinet, in the baseboard heat..we cracked up and cleaned up as best as we could, yet every time the heat was turned on it reeked of blue cheese.....could have been a disaster but that story came up at every family get together for years and we all just laughed some more! Some times life is just a mess!!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Sew
    Please continue with your story. You make my life sound so much more normal!
    LOL!!

Pam
    The life of a modern American Mother! Well there you go! Apparenty NO ONE who has testicles in this house can figure out how to put the bath mat back where they found it, draped over the edge of the tub, or close a shower curtain.

I am still laughing. Thanks for letting us know somedays
    only get worse. Life goes on, might as well laugh.

I am so sorry you have been having my kind of days. Sometimes it isn't even worth trying to chew through the restraints. LOL

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Wishing you better days ahead. :D

You know, this topic got me to thinking (dangerous I know)
    about all the stuff I've had to deal with through the years.
    I'm not sure there is much of anything that you could come up with that hasn't happened in my life. Sad, but true.

I think by far the best investment I've ever made was buying a shop vac. I can suck up virtually anything with that thing and not have to worry that I'll damage it.

Many things are funny in hind sight, not so much in the present.

Nice to know we aren't alone....yep, a shop vac or my demented little rescue dog...he will clean up most kitchen disasters...then just a little anti-bacterial spray, a quick wipe and we are ready for the next drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Sew
    You know, this topic got me to thinking (dangerous I know)
    about all the stuff I've had to deal with through the years.
    I'm not sure there is much of anything that you could come up with that hasn't happened in my life. Sad, but true.

I think by far the best investment I've ever made was buying a shop vac. I can suck up virtually anything with that thing and not have to worry that I'll damage it.

Many things are funny in hind sight, not so much in the present.
    shop vac, good idea....can it do people?

Aw, hugs! I hate days like that!

Blog Entries
    Awww geesh.....sorry, but I'm laughing my butt off at the thought of you hitting the brakes and melted jello flying off the back seat...at least it didn't wap you in the back of the head!!!

The mayo...man, I'm just fuming..been there done that...the sad part is that I'm usually the guilty one not putting the top back on well enough.. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Just remember...tomorrow will.....probably be more of the same :roll: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Awww geesh.....sorry, but I'm laughing my butt off at the thought of you hitting the brakes and melted jello flying off the back seat...at least it didn't wap you in the back of the head!!!

The mayo...man, I'm just fuming..been there done that...the sad part is that I'm usually the guilty one not putting the top back on well enough.. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Just remember...tomorrow will.....probably be more of the same :roll: :lol: :lol:
    great!! can you help me pick the pineapple out of the vents???? It has just been one of those Murphy's Law week. I guess it is because I took Friday off to clean the sewing room.....

shop vacs are awesome! I got rid of the regular "vacuum" years ago. With 6 kids, 3 dogs, and a hubby it just seemed like the smart thing to do. those weeks just do seem to come along. BTDT on the mayo too.

Oh honey, after I stop laughing I'll give you a hug. I thought only I had days like that.

hugs! I got sick after eating pineapple ice cream once as a kid, and can't deal with it.
    I once dropped a three pound bowl of softened margarine and it shot straight up and splattered the ceiling and made a grease stain...nothing to compare to your mayo fiasco!
    i started to smile about hubby thinking someone broke in to make a sandwhich and dropped and ran...I might have went with that for just a bit ;)
    More and more lately, no matter what happens, as I sit and moan to myself, or even cry, I think,...this will pass...doggone it, I can't even waller and enjoy my misery too long, bc it will pass.
    it's good for things to pass, but occassionally...mama just wants to be mad for a while...quiet, but mad.
    Thanks for sharing. It does help to hear that as much as I wouldn't wish these things on anybody, I am not alone :wink:

Power Poster
    To quote my dear departed mom -

"Sometimes it's the sand in one's shoes that gets one down - "

meaning the comparatively trivial annoyances can really get one's grundies in a bunch!

What a couple of no good, very bad days. Though I am curious, why would your DH think someone had broken in and was making a sandwich? In years to come (quite a few years from now I think) these events will be really funny to you, too. For now, fume away. You've earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjpf
    What a couple of no good, very bad days. Though I am curious, why would your DH think someone had broken in and was making a sandwich? In years to come (quite a few years from now I think) these events will be really funny to you, too. For now, fume away. You've earned it.
    That was the only reason he could think as to why the mayo was all over the place and not cleaned up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast