Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: please help me find this dolly in a blanket

please help me find this dolly in a blanket

Two weeks ago I saw a little doll made by sewing her outline into fabric and then stuffed before adding her/her yarn hair and painting her/his face(face painted with acrylic paints). The fabric then folded around the baby like a swaddled baby. It was small. I thought I bookmarked it and my computer history only stays for 3 days. Has anyone seen this tutuorial for this swaddled doll/blanket? Thanks.

After spending more than 20 minutes rereading all my "bookmarked favorites", I found it - of course, near the top of the list. Must have scrolled too quickly. Here is the link: http://beccamariedesigns.blogspot.co...-tutorial.html

I am making these for DGDs (3.5, 2 and 7 mos-yes all in the same family) but they would probably be cute craft fair items. Now off to bust those scraps some more!
    Last edited by AUQuilter; 02-03-2013 at 10:33 AM.

glad you found what you looking for.. they are just to cute... thank you for sharing..
    ​debra

That is SO cute! I bookmarked it too-thanks!

Power Poster
    ​Very cute! I think I would change it a bit myself. I think I would fold down the inside peak or cut it for a straight edge so I could machine sew across the body/neck and make a separate head piece that the neck could be put under the body/neck to machine sew it on. I may have to try one as it will make a cute little gift for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ​Very cute! I think I would change it a bit myself. I think I would fold down the inside peak or cut it for a straight edge so I could machine sew across the body/neck and make a separate head piece that the neck could be put under the body/neck to machine sew it on. I may have to try one as it will make a cute little gift for children.
    Please post when you do one. Would love to see how you do it.

Power Poster
    If I was to do one again, I would do the head and body rectangle out of one piece of fabric so that the bottom bottom edge could be sewn by machine to the fold. This way the whole body and face would be secured before you sew the side seams up. You could then hand sew across the neck and not worry about the head pulling out after some tough love. I sewed across the neck edge from side seam to side seam with 6 strands of embroider floss to secure it.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Power Poster
    ​steps.........

Power Poster
    I did one side asleep and one side awake but the body attached and stuffed would work better I think.

My husband does not understand why every time I get a 'new' food recipe it is changed before it is ever finished. It is because I am a seamstress! I just love the way we can look at something and change it to something else that works for us.
    Phyllis Driggs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast