Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: please help me find this dolly in a blanket

please help me find this dolly in a blanket

Two weeks ago I saw a little doll made by sewing her outline into fabric and then stuffed before adding her/her yarn hair and painting her/his face(face painted with acrylic paints). The fabric then folded around the baby like a swaddled baby. It was small. I thought I bookmarked it and my computer history only stays for 3 days. Has anyone seen this tutuorial for this swaddled doll/blanket? Thanks.

After spending more than 20 minutes rereading all my "bookmarked favorites", I found it - of course, near the top of the list. Must have scrolled too quickly. Here is the link: http://beccamariedesigns.blogspot.co...-tutorial.html

I am making these for DGDs (3.5, 2 and 7 mos-yes all in the same family) but they would probably be cute craft fair items. Now off to bust those scraps some more!
    Last edited by AUQuilter; 02-03-2013 at 10:33 AM.

glad you found what you looking for.. they are just to cute... thank you for sharing..
    ​debra

That is SO cute! I bookmarked it too-thanks!

Power Poster
    ​Very cute! I think I would change it a bit myself. I think I would fold down the inside peak or cut it for a straight edge so I could machine sew across the body/neck and make a separate head piece that the neck could be put under the body/neck to machine sew it on. I may have to try one as it will make a cute little gift for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ​Very cute! I think I would change it a bit myself. I think I would fold down the inside peak or cut it for a straight edge so I could machine sew across the body/neck and make a separate head piece that the neck could be put under the body/neck to machine sew it on. I may have to try one as it will make a cute little gift for children.
    Please post when you do one. Would love to see how you do it.

Power Poster
    If I was to do one again, I would do the head and body rectangle out of one piece of fabric so that the bottom bottom edge could be sewn by machine to the fold. This way the whole body and face would be secured before you sew the side seams up. You could then hand sew across the neck and not worry about the head pulling out after some tough love. I sewed across the neck edge from side seam to side seam with 6 strands of embroider floss to secure it.

Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    ​steps.........

Power Poster
    I did one side asleep and one side awake but the body attached and stuffed would work better I think.

My husband does not understand why every time I get a 'new' food recipe it is changed before it is ever finished. It is because I am a seamstress! I just love the way we can look at something and change it to something else that works for us.
    Phyllis Driggs

Tartan, that was quick! I love your improvement and it will greatly increase the longevity of these. I got the fabric cut for the blankets but don't have the yarn for the hair! They are so cute.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdriggs View Post
    My husband does not understand why every time I get a 'new' food recipe it is changed before it is ever finished. It is because I am a seamstress! I just love the way we can look at something and change it to something else that works for us.
    I hear ya .. they look at you like you have just grown another head .. LOL Everyone has their own ideas and we are all unique; which is a most wonderful thing-patterns change/materials change due to our own unique perspective on things. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    As a little girl my Great Aunt Lou use to make these for me.I had forgotten all about them til now..Thank you for the revival of a forgotten memory and for the link. I now have it bookmarked too

Those are so cute! I bookmarked the site and hope to try it.

Adorable little dolls. My Granddaughters are too old for the, - almost 26 and 19.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Adorable little dolls. My Granddaughters are too old for the, - almost 26 and 19.
    Jingle, it might surprise you what dollies made by you would mean to g-dtrs that age. I used to get a new doll every Christmas as I was growing up but the only one I still has is the Raggedy Ann doll my mother gave me the first yr. I was married at 19. It's lived in my cedar chest every since which seems a little silly to me now. Got to put it out so I can see it.

Pat

Great idea about the longer head piece. Looks great.....

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    What a sweet little dolly! I received a similar one that had potpourri in it at a baby shower.

Thank you for the info, I did see this one and have copied it out. Love the little face and hair.

Blog Entries
    Tartan, I really appreciate your improvements to this darling little cuddle doll. Thanks.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

I've got that little dolly on my list of things to make for Easter baskets for my little neighbor and her cousin.

Great improvements, and I have a great granddaughter, great neice and cousins baby girls, all under two and they should love these, will have to get sewing, Thanks.