Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The "E" Cigarette (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22e%22-cigarette-t133160.html)

arimuse 06-25-2011 07:28 PM

I really feel for all of you going thru this quitting thing. My mom said she never smoked before she married my dad, and he never smoked until he went into the Army in WWII. He finally quit, but she tried and tried and never could do it. I know how hard it is and how bad it is for people who can't.
I'm glad there are things out there that can help, and I sure wouldnt mind sitting next to someone smoking a vapor cigerette. I wonder if the chocolate flavor makes a chocolate smell in the air. sharet

btiny36 06-25-2011 07:29 PM

Here in Canada we have Champix and wow I have tried, tried doing this for 2yrs now and they just make me sick...Have gotten pills for the throwing up, but still don't help. Here in Canada for whatever reason, we can't get the ecig...don't know why....but congrats....

Painiacs 06-25-2011 07:47 PM

Contests !! So much better for u!! In a few weeks you'll be able to take deep breaths!

quilticing 06-26-2011 03:59 AM

I've heard orange juice helps. Drink lots and lots. Good luck.

SparkMonkey 06-26-2011 05:10 AM

Congratulations on quitting! I have never smoked but I work in theatre where it seems like EVERYONE else does. More and more people are quitting, however, which makes my heart sing. :)

My boss also used the e-cigs. This is a very tightly-wound woman who had a 3-pack-a-day habit and swore that it wasn't proven that smoking causes lung cancer. After her 5-years-clear breast cancer checkup, her doctor started getting on her about the smoking. The e-cigs worked for her, and she's been smoke-free for nearly two years. She's much more easy-going, less likely to blow up at work, and I can stand in her office without gagging from the smell of smoke coming off her clothes.

Keep up the good work! I have seen so many of my friends try to quit and fall (or jump) off the wagon when things get tough. But be strong and you can do it! *hugs*

hobbykat1955 06-26-2011 06:31 AM

I hear there is a moment at least here in NY...to band the E Cig...everywhere just like reg cigs...Too many complaints from others thinking it's real so they want them outlawed...

Ellen 06-26-2011 07:20 AM

I quit November 17, 1996 at high noon in Hopkinsville, KY after smoking a LOT for a long time. It's not easy but the first thing you have to do is make up your mind you want to quit. Know you can't quit for someone else, do it for YOU.
There were no patches or ecigs when I quit so I did it my way......with the help of lavoris (red) mouthwash and strong menthol cig. (Benson & Hedges). When you want a cig., gargle with the mouthwash, then go ahead and light up and take a big ole drag off that cig. It will taste like someone poured perfume down your throat....and you won't light up but maybe 3 times at the most after that. Every time you get the urge to smoke, gargle. I kept using the mouthwash for about 2 weeks then was home free after that. My dh didn't even know I quit till I told him. It never bothered me to be around smokers either which was a plus. Only one persons house made me gag but it did that before I quit too. If this tidbit of information helps even one person quit painlessly then I'm glad I posted it. Just remember you need to do it for YOU.
Oh, I almost forgot, I couldn't do things I associated with smoking for 2 weeks...like sewing or reading.