Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   103 degrees and climbing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/103-degrees-climbing-t211260.html)

DebbieJJ 01-18-2013 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by morelcabin (Post 5793975)
I wouldn't be able to take that kind of heat. I can't even take the heat of our Northern Ontario summers...and they aren't nearly that hot!

Same with me.....the heat gets my migraines started, then I get nauseated, and nothing helps. Here in Alabama it gets pretty hot in August-October, but mostly Aug. thru Sept., so I'm pretty house-bound during that time. :(

busy fingers 01-18-2013 03:30 AM

A cool change with little rain - which I might add I stood out in to cool down - has dropped the temp by over 20 degrees. I have just heard on the news that due to the lightning strikes with little rain our area has now been put on "watch to act alert". Not good. While we were sitting out having dinner around 8 pm ash was starting to fall.

Caswews 01-18-2013 07:22 AM

Woody: love your avatar .. wish I had a parrot again.

I am thinking of you all in Australia as I put another log on the fire, we had 30 days of under 32 degrees temperatures and an inversion where I live in Western Colorado. Hopefully something will happen to help put out all the fires but yet not flood the land.

judys 01-18-2013 07:52 AM

3 degrees and climbing! We are looking forward to double digits below zero with 25-40 mph winds in the next couple days. Still, I function better in cold weather than in hot. I hope you get a cooling trend and that fires are not a problem.

Quilt Lover Grandma 01-18-2013 09:16 AM

I also live in Vt. weather man said it is 12 degrees. Oh wow and I have to go out today. Looking forward to the Shop Hop in March. It should be warmer then. I used to live in AZ and had my share of triple digit temperatures. I do prefer the cold though. Do not like humidity at all. We should all live in San Diego!

solstice3 01-18-2013 10:05 AM

You poor thing!!! I really don't care for those teps. I always prefer the cold because you can always put on more clothes but in hot weather there is only so much you can take off. ;-)

Roberta 01-18-2013 11:33 AM

Oh, for just 10 minutes in that heat would warm me to the core. It's been freezing cold here in Maine, zero when I got up and now a balmy 15 degrees this afternoon. I need some warmth.

Bueniebabe 01-18-2013 05:18 PM

Saturday night in northeast Iowa the wind chill will be 20- 30 below zero. I can hardly wait.

Naturalmama 01-18-2013 05:58 PM

Here I thought someone had the flu and a horrible fever! lol! Ugh though - that kind of heat is so heavy and hard to cope with!

Grace MooreLinker 01-19-2013 06:47 AM

Last summer in southern California there were a few days that it was 112, to hot for me. I like the Great north west temperatures.