Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   103 degrees and climbing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/103-degrees-climbing-t211260.html)

busy fingers 01-17-2013 06:37 PM

103 degrees and climbing

It is just after midday here in Sydney and the temperature in the shade at my back door has hit 103 and the hottest part of the day is yet to come. It is like walking out into a furnace.

nativetexan 01-17-2013 06:39 PM

Oh my, I do feel for you. I hate it when it gets too hot. Here in my house we only have a swamp cooler/evaporative cooler. I'd never even heard of one until we moved away from Texas. I'd always had air conditioning. Well not always. When i was young, we had electric fans. Funny but the heat or cold didn't bother me that much when I was a child. but now, I'm either panting or going Burrrrrrr.
stay cool hon, if you can.

Quiltaddiction 01-17-2013 06:55 PM

Hi busy fingers I'm at work over at Homebush Bay It's pretty warm here and all those people at the "Big Day Out" 160k of them must be feeling it.

TanyaL 01-17-2013 07:05 PM

I live in Texas. I truly know what that kind of weather is like. Sure hope you can stay indoors and that it is cooler insdie.

barny 01-17-2013 07:11 PM

I feel for you too. I live in Texas also. Gets hot like that here. I don't like hot and I don't like cold. I don't know where to go, so I guess I'll stay here and gripe. LOL

LynnVT 01-17-2013 07:15 PM

I'm not big on that kind of heat. However here it's 24 degrees and dropping in Vermont. They are predicting 6 degrees tonight and lower over the next couple of nights. I guess it's the extremes that we all hate. Keep cool!

busy fingers 01-17-2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction (Post 5793909)
Hi busy fingers I'm at work over at Homebush Bay It's pretty warm here and all those people at the "Big Day Out" 160k of them must be feeling it.

We will be hearing about a lot of people passing out on the news tonight - poor ambos will be kept busy.

It must be sweltering out there - I am only 5 mins from the beach and it is soooo sickly. I have the whole house closed up, blinds shut down and fans going full bore.

DJ 01-17-2013 07:28 PM

We've been watching the Australian Open on TV. Yes, it's scorching! Keep cool!

woody 01-17-2013 09:01 PM

I'm in Canberra and it's hot here too 40 celcius or 104 farenheit, they are forcasting a late storm and a cooler change, I'm looking forward to that.
I hope some firebug doesn't decide to light a fire, these are the same conditions that led to the firestorm that killed 4 people and destroyed around 500 homes exactly 10 years ago today :(

earthwalker 01-17-2013 09:16 PM

We have had two days of respite over here in Perth....yesterday was quite cool and today is lovely too....but will be heating up again for the weekend. Everything round here is tinder dry. We live in the hills....as does my younger sister. Some kids lit a fire on a vacant block in her street yesterday....one house slightly damaged but as you know...they get out of control quickly. Later last night whilst we were on the phone she said some idiot had let off fireworks...(they are illlegal here anyway).....the idiocy of some people astounds me....Stay cool and safe everyone...good weather for sitting quietly at your machine and piecing:)