Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Am I being too harsh (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/am-i-being-too-harsh-t19123.html)

beachlady 04-17-2009 01:08 PM

Of course she should help!!!! On the lighter side ......maybe she is providing the strippers!!!

Dawn Hendrix 04-17-2009 01:13 PM

Mexican WHITE SAUCE!

sharon b 04-17-2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Missi
Can anyone think of anything I am forgetting? There will be margaritas of course and dessert is hot fudge brownie sundae.

Directions ??? :lol: LOL Time ???

Sounds like you have it all under control. Too bad the "co-host" has fizzled out, but as the others say, file it away under experience and don't let it ruin you party !
Hope you have a great time
Sharon

butterflywing 04-17-2009 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Missi, if it was me, I'd ask for help. I know from experience that it's just too much for one person. Perhaps she's waiting for you to ask....????

maybe she's waiting to take a nap? because she's exhausted from sending out late invitations?

when people compliment you and your co-host, don't be bashful about taking all the credit. like "thank you so much. i didn't know if i would have time to do it all, but i did manage to fit it all in. it wasn't easy, believe me." smile as you say this. venting is good. venting with smile is great.

Sharon M 04-17-2009 04:23 PM

LOTS of good advise here! Be gracious and smile a lot :D :D :D . You can always say (with a smile of course) you were so busy doing everything you don't know what you would have done if (whats her name) hadn't finally got the invitations sent out. :wink:
by the way can you take a picture of the spread so we will feel like we attended without gaining any weight from the yummy sounding food?

littlehud 04-17-2009 06:06 PM

That really is sad. Some people want the credit without doing any work. Take a deep breath and let it go. You know what you did for your friend by throwing the party for her and I'm betting she knows or will know it was done by you alone. Just smile and have fun there.

omak 04-17-2009 07:12 PM

are you going to play games?
I like the games BEST! <G>

pal 04-17-2009 09:05 PM

I would call her up and say that I was hoping that she would be able to to get the supplies for the margaritas, and without stopping to breathe, I would start reading the list of supplies. I would tell her that I had meant to call earlier, but with all of the things that had to be done, I just
didn't get a chance to call sooner.

It's better to get some help than no help. I would also let her pick up any flowers or last minute noshes.

If she is not a person who entertains, maybe she is oblivious of what
is involved in throwing a party. Give her a chance to help.

pocoellie 04-18-2009 05:11 AM

I can't image anyone being so "helpful". "Co-host" doesn't mean that you do everything along with supplying everything. Apparently everyone but her have no manners or consideration. If she asks you to do something else, remember this incident.

Bevanger 04-18-2009 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by mkanderson
I don't think so! What are the "duties" of a "co-host"?
My thought would be to"help"?????????????

I agree 100%