Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anybody have a use for....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anybody-have-use-t199164.html)

starshine 09-01-2012 07:50 AM

I like the tape end tip, and all the others.
I use mine for scraping off food on the stove and counters, especially the stove when the heat of cooking has "baked" it on. And getting price stickers off items, and labels off containers.

lynnie 09-01-2012 08:32 AM

To get stickers and ll
abels... tryoil it rubs it right off

alleyoop1 09-01-2012 11:27 AM

Speaking of cords, here is an old tip that amazed my family and friends. I didn't think this one up but have used it for years. I save the cardboard tube from a roll of toilet tissue and use it to store my appliance cords inside. I can write on the cardboard which appliance the cord goes with. Saves a tangled mess in the drawer. Even keep the cords neat for appliances that do not have a detachable cord.

DaylilyDawn 09-01-2012 12:48 PM

Any body that does hybridizing flowers uses them to mark the cross. People in my AHS email robin having been talking about finding a source to order more than 1000 of them to use in future hybridizing seasons. Daylily Hybridizers introduce many new flowers for sale every year in the south, in the North it takes about 3 years from seed to selling the flowering plant.

ScrappyAZ 09-01-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 5482129)
And I use them for cleaning my cutting mats - use a pushing motion in both directions and a lot of lint, etc will come out of the cutting grooves - can be used on a wet or dry mat. The ones with the little sharp points on the sides are great for getting gooey gunk from around the sides of the sink, etc also without scratching. Can't think of more right now, but I use them a lot! Thanks for the tip about electric cords!

What great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

wordpaintervs 09-01-2012 04:49 PM

Some really neat ideas for those little things. I'd never thought of most of them. TIme to re-thing some things, no doubt~

idoqlts 09-02-2012 04:39 AM

If you're a knitter, they make great bobbins for managing small lengths of yarn, especially for the "tail" at the
beginning of a project.

d.rickman 09-02-2012 06:43 AM

If you have a pair of flip flops and the toe tab breaks or is too loose, use one of these bread bag tabs on the toe tab to hold until you can get home with your broken shoe.....

ptquilts 09-02-2012 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Linda - K. (Post 5483293)
I read somewhere that when you have a roll of duct tape, masking tape, etc., that when you finally get it unrolling, you put one of these tabs on the end and next time you won't have a problem starting to get the tape going off the roll.

What works good for this is the little plastic bar that comes with an individual snack pack of crackers and cheese spread.

Pzazz 09-02-2012 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 5483719)
Speaking of cords, here is an old tip that amazed my family and friends. I didn't think this one up but have used it for years. I save the cardboard tube from a roll of toilet tissue and use it to store my appliance cords inside. I can write on the cardboard which appliance the cord goes with. Saves a tangled mess in the drawer. Even keep the cords neat for appliances that do not have a detachable cord.

I have also used this trick for years....works great!!

Another use for the bread tags....use them to cover the holes in a flower pot when you are potting something...the dirt doesn't leach out when you water the plant.

Patti