Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone else having weather problems? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-else-having-weather-problems-t212347.html)

Ccorazone 01-30-2013 08:05 AM

Warm and cold. Warm then cold. That's Texas weather. Yuo never know how to dress. Shorts one day and coats the next.

Debra Mc 01-30-2013 09:01 AM

We have had the air conditioner on for 4 days. Awful high winds, bad storm last night. Bad winds again today & colder than it has been in a week. Need the heat. People were at Walmart in shorts last few days. No place like East Texas.

quiltlady37 01-30-2013 10:16 AM

I think about every school and several businesses in Iowa is closed for the day. I even got a message from my LQS that she is closed at least until noon and maybe all day. I have no intention of going out at all today. We have several inches of snow and high winds howling and blowing the snow.

irishrose 01-30-2013 10:50 AM

Wisconsin and Iowa, thank you for telling me what I have coming tomorrow. We are still having cold rain - sometimes heavy. I am under water between the snowbanks and will be icy when it freezes tomorrow before the snow comes. Of course, I have an out of town Dr app't. I'd try to 'shovel' the water out of the garage with a push broom, but there's no place for it to go.:rolleyes:

Pam Riggs 01-30-2013 11:00 AM

Woke up to ice last Friday and stayed home from work. 65 mph winds came in last night...temp was 61...thankfully no damage, just a tossed around basketball goal and temp is dropping to the 20's and a chance of snow tonight! Weird weather in Kentucky!

JoanneS 01-30-2013 12:52 PM

This is the strangest winter! Earlier this month, it was colder in Tucson than the East Coast. Then it warmed up for a few days. Then cold again. Today it is in the 70s. Up and down, up and down. It's not usually in the 70s in Jan in Tucson - but I'll take it when I can have it!

nygal 01-30-2013 01:24 PM

We had rain and wind but it is in the mid 50's here today so our snow melted.

Carol Wilson 01-30-2013 01:41 PM

Here in Victoria Australia we are surrounded by bushfires that the firefighters say will take weeks to extinguish. In Queensland and New South Wales there are devastating floods, one cattle station 4000 head of cattle were washed away. The bushfires have also taken a heavy toll on farm animals and our native animals too, farmers are out shooting so many poor burnt animals that have been suffering for many days. Chicago, please send us some of that rain.

purplefiend 01-30-2013 01:42 PM

It was Spring for the last 2 days and today its Winter again. Thankfully no snow or ice, could do with some rain though.

Nancy Ingham 01-30-2013 01:56 PM

The winter here in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire has been anything but normal. A couple of weeks ago the lakes were still unfrozen and the temps were warmer than southern California! Then it got real cold; some of the coldest temps in two years. Tonight we have three weather advisories for dense fog, heavy rain and strong winds. They say we might have power outages.

New Hampshire expects snow and cold temps to freeze over our lakes. The State receives much of its revenue from skiing (downhill and cross country), ice fishing, dogsled racing, snowmobiling (we have more snowmobile paths than roadways in NH) and ice sailing competitions. This revenue helps keep NH free of sales taxes and state income taxes!