Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone ever had this happened with eBay? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-ever-had-happened-ebay-t48266.html)

Kat B 06-03-2010 04:48 PM

I won an auction last week. It was a Singer Red Eye. I will be the first to admit...I got it cheap. Shipping was more than I paid for the machine. But it was pretty and I bid on it and I won..YEAH for me. I paid as soon as I won. The seller said she would send it. WELLLLLL, 7 days later, I get an email that she is refunding my money. Her husband sent my Singer to whoever had won the White sewing machine she had. And as soon as she gets it back, she'll relist it. I wrote and said I would wait till she got the Singer back and she wrote back that she was going to relist it. My thinking, she wasn't happy it went for such a low price, but I was one of 3 other bidders. My youngest daughter wants me to contact ebay and leave bad feedback....but I'm so....upset, hurt, and really shocked that somebody would do that. Has anybody else ever have this happen to them on ebay?

CAROLJ 06-03-2010 04:51 PM

Report her and leave bad feedback. Send a copy of her e-mail to Ebay when you report her. She's crooked.

And yes it happened to me. I bought an old toyu far below what it was worth. The seller said it fell off the UPS truck and broke. When I offered to file a claim so I could get a replacement, she said made up another story.

stitchinwitch 06-03-2010 04:51 PM

No that hasn't happened to me, but you should contact ebay with all of the documentation - but don't wait too long. Good luck

nativetexan 06-03-2010 04:52 PM

perhaps you should let them know, it sounds a bit odd to me.

luv-e 06-03-2010 04:52 PM

Let E-bay know and give her a very low rating. That is where it hurts them.
Sorry for your loss :cry:

Lockeb 06-03-2010 04:54 PM

You really should send a copy of the correspondence to EBAY becaues that really is not correct!!!

Pineapple Princess 06-03-2010 04:54 PM

Contact ebay. The person is trying to get more. You paid for it, it's yours - end of story.

Eddie 06-03-2010 04:55 PM

Report her, and leave her negative feedback. She's a crook.

marsye 06-03-2010 04:56 PM

I have been selling on Ebay for 10 years. That is wrong!!! You need to file a "item not received" and if you paid with paypal do the same there also..............and yes leave bad feedback! :thumbdown:

Janetlmt 06-03-2010 04:56 PM

I had a similar incident. I purchased what was advertised as a CD of embroidery designs that would be sent in the mail. The seller sent them via email. I complained and she accused me of trying to get two sets for one price..which I did not. I wanted them on CD and told her so. I call this and what you have just expressed as false advertising. I contacted Ebay and she was booted out of selling on Ebay. I feel that you should received what you won and she is under obligation to comply. I would give her a bad feedback also. It is very upsetting to be treat so dishonestly. I would be very hurt also...I think everyone is as honest as I am..and they aren't. Good luck with this issue..and let us know what happens