Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever had this happened with eBay?

I won an auction last week. It was a Singer Red Eye. I will be the first to admit...I got it cheap. Shipping was more than I paid for the machine. But it was pretty and I bid on it and I won..YEAH for me. I paid as soon as I won. The seller said she would send it. WELLLLLL, 7 days later, I get an email that she is refunding my money. Her husband sent my Singer to whoever had won the White sewing machine she had. And as soon as she gets it back, she'll relist it. I wrote and said I would wait till she got the Singer back and she wrote back that she was going to relist it. My thinking, she wasn't happy it went for such a low price, but I was one of 3 other bidders. My youngest daughter wants me to contact ebay and leave bad feedback....but I'm so....upset, hurt, and really shocked that somebody would do that. Has anybody else ever have this happen to them on ebay?

Report her and leave bad feedback. Send a copy of her e-mail to Ebay when you report her. She's crooked.

And yes it happened to me. I bought an old toyu far below what it was worth. The seller said it fell off the UPS truck and broke. When I offered to file a claim so I could get a replacement, she said made up another story.

No that hasn't happened to me, but you should contact ebay with all of the documentation - but don't wait too long. Good luck

Blog Entries
    perhaps you should let them know, it sounds a bit odd to me.

Let E-bay know and give her a very low rating. That is where it hurts them.
    Sorry for your loss :cry:

You really should send a copy of the correspondence to EBAY becaues that really is not correct!!!

Contact ebay. The person is trying to get more. You paid for it, it's yours - end of story.

Report her, and leave her negative feedback. She's a crook.

Banned
    I have been selling on Ebay for 10 years. That is wrong!!! You need to file a "item not received" and if you paid with paypal do the same there also..............and yes leave bad feedback! :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    I had a similar incident. I purchased what was advertised as a CD of embroidery designs that would be sent in the mail. The seller sent them via email. I complained and she accused me of trying to get two sets for one price..which I did not. I wanted them on CD and told her so. I call this and what you have just expressed as false advertising. I contacted Ebay and she was booted out of selling on Ebay. I feel that you should received what you won and she is under obligation to comply. I would give her a bad feedback also. It is very upsetting to be treat so dishonestly. I would be very hurt also...I think everyone is as honest as I am..and they aren't. Good luck with this issue..and let us know what happens

Definitely, contact ebay and leave bad feedback.

I have ordered loads of things on ebay but have only had one person not send me a pearl(fake)necklace that I won for 99cents. Being new, I overlooked it.
    This sounds pretty suspicious and I would report it. It does sound like she's trying to get more money. Sorry for your bad experience because there are so many wonderful sellers on ebay.

Blog Entries
    DID SHE POST A SERIAL NUMBER ON THE MACHINE? Write it down.

I would probably want the machine - since it's such a great deal. Seller's loss as far as I'm concerned.

I'd have to ask her WHY she's relisting the machine she ALREADY SOLD TO YOU? See if she'll admit it went for less money than she wanted.

I would report the situation to ebay right away and keep them up to date. Tell her you've reported her. Leave negative feedback.

You really need to contact e-bay with all the details. I'd give them another chance to make it right...if they don't "go get 'em".

Please don't overlook this situation! Try to resolve with the seller and if she's not going to make it right don't HESITATE one bit and contact E-bay. Leave negative feedback and hurt her where it counts. I always look at the seller's feedback postings before ever bidding on an item. If there has been previous trouble with a seller & I've been warned & still submit a bid then it's part my fault if the deal doesn't turn out good. E-bay definitely needs to know about this seller so they can take her off their site. They try to only have honest sellers & can only keep it that way if we keep them informed. Please keep us posted and the sellers name if it's not resolved to your liking so we don't get burnt like you!

YOu MUST Contact Ebay! This is a bad situation and she is not following the rules set up by Ebay. I've bought and sold on Ebay for the past 4 years, and this is not allowed.
    Enclose the correspondence, this will prove to them that she is not honoring the contract. It is your machine....

Blog Entries
    I won a treadle on ebay for $0.99. Then I sent an email (before paying her) to ask if I could pick it up so I wouldn't have to pay shipping. I waited 2 days for her to answer me before I noticed that there was included in the email not to answer if the buyer was trying to change the terms of the agreement. So there was no misunderstanding I sent payment and then 2 more days later I got an email stating "I'm sorry but I cant sell you the sewing machine for .99 lol..... sorry it's an antique and worth more then that "

I reported her and so should you!

Pam
    If the machine went too low, I would consider that a lesson learned to the seller. She could have posted a reserve but decided not to, oh well that is the way the cookie crumbles. My guess is it sold for so little because of the shipping costs.

I had a situation similar. It was for a crazy quilt done in satins and velvets. Got it really cheap - about $4. Seller told me she couldn't take less than $25 and would sell it to me for that, but otherwise I couldn't have it. I DID report her, and action was taken. She had relisted it, but as soon as I contacted E-Bay, the listing disappeared.
    Report her!
    Carol B

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    If the machine went too low, I would consider that a lesson learned to the seller. She could have posted a reserve but decided not to, oh well that is the way the cookie crumbles. My guess is it sold for so little because of the shipping costs.
    That's what I thought. That's why I suggested to pick it up since she was near enough to me! To tell the truth, I would have offered her more privately because I felt so bad that I got it for 99 cents but when she said "lol" in her email, I got offended!

Blog Entries
    I would report it to Ebay... of she wanted more she should have set a reserve .

Keep us posted

Blog Entries
    report her to ebay immediately and leave her negative feedback

Blog Entries
    Kat, you've got two pages of everyone saying the exact same thing. I would definitely report her. She is not following the rules of eBay and eBay needs to know about it. I wish you luck. :)

I've been a seller on ebay off and on. I've had several of my items sell for .99. Disappointing as a seller, but I followed through with the sales and didn't make up odd stories to try to relist the items.

Ebay won't tolerate this sort of nonsense and she will learn not to mess with people!

Contact Ebay. If they don't resolve the problem, you can also contact paypal. Ebay should be able to resolve the problem. Don't leave negative feedback until you discover you will never get the machine or one exactly like it. Then leave negative feedback and post it on facebook, here, and anywhere else people who know what you are talking about would see it.

If she had a minimum she wanted, she should have started the bidding there or used the part of the program where she has a chance to not sell if the bids are too low. She had options and relisting isn't one of them

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast