Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone have a Roku2? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-have-roku2-t154686.html)

Jennifer22206 09-21-2011 02:03 PM

Ditter -

DH can come up with a list of questions to help you troubleshoot, but they might be long.

What's actually happening? What's not working? Is it not turning on? Are you not able to see anything?

Can you get into Network? If you can, it'll ask you to do wired or wireless. Does your network appear in that list? If yes, when you select it - it'll ask you to enter your password. It should then go through diagnostics on its own trying to connect. Do they go through OK?

Jennifer22206 09-21-2011 02:03 PM

there's more, but DH needs to know what's up before he can help further. He's home from work now.

Greenheron 09-21-2011 03:36 PM

My son set up my Roku--want his phone number?

OH, yes, when my isn't doing right he has me turn off the router, wait a few secs. and turn it back on, then turn the Roku off, wait & turn it back on. But if your's hasn't been set up this won't work. CALL customer service until you get some!

I love Roku cause now I can watch old stuff, like me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

laughing4u2day 09-21-2011 03:46 PM

I got one about a week ago and it has worked fine until tonight. My dad had me come and fix his up today and what was suppose to be a few minutes (based on setting mine up) took 2 hours. Now that I am finally home this evening, mine is doing the same thing his was. It cant pick up the excellent signal it is claiming! Maybe there are problems in wireless world today?

BRenea 09-21-2011 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Ditter -

DH says: define "can't get it to work" the tv being internet ready is irrelevant. If it detects the wireless network, the setup is relatively straight forward.

"if the tv is connected via wireless and working fine, that could be why she mentions the tv."

so, the steps are, 'does it detect the wireless network?'

'if yes, then does it provide a signal strength, how strong is it?'

'if no, then what sort of network setup is it, WPA/WWEP/WPA-2'

WPA/WEP/WPA-2
I don't know what any of those things are!!!

WPA/WEP/WPA-2 are security profiles. Your wireless router should use one of these. Any time you add a new wireless device it should ask you for a network name and password, if you have your wireless network secured.

carslo 09-21-2011 04:49 PM

I have to put the tv on HDMI1 for the downstairs on and AUD2 in the bedroom
you can't use it on a tv when the tv is still in the tv mode
you have to select another setting. On my remote tv remote control it is at the botton
Maybe this will help

ploverwi2 09-21-2011 04:55 PM

Do you have dial up internet? If so, that will definitely not work at all.

hazeljane 09-21-2011 06:03 PM

I love mine- I had a problem with my wireless router, and had to reset it four times before it would show up on the Roku or my kindle. Once that was fixed, all was easy.

I LOVE my Roku.

Betty Boop 09-22-2011 03:32 AM

There is a reset button on the back of the Roku. Push this button and then reset . Roku should be at the beginning and reconfigurated. Then you will need to put your information in again. Learned this after having the same trouble!

MYWR 09-22-2011 05:36 AM

we couldn't get ours to work - sent it back and the 'geek' squad came out fwith a logitech keyboard - which works on radio waves - works like a charm!!