Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bad Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bad-day-t64120.html)

kjdavis4 09-10-2010 06:46 PM

What a bummer. The broken wrist on top of not being able to sew. I hope you heal quickly and your pain is minimal. Take care of yourself and let others pamper you.

quilt_happy 09-10-2010 06:49 PM

I hope you feel better soon. I got to rip apart my border 3 times. I am making a braided border out of blue jeans. Argghhhh!

tolepainter54 09-10-2010 06:51 PM

I'm sorry you broke your wrist, but I'm almost sorrier that your plans went kaput. When you were talking about your weekend the other day, I envisioned being able to do that. I hope you heal quickly and maybe have that weekend you had planned.

bearisgray 09-10-2010 06:52 PM

Been there, done that. It is very inconvenient.

Hope you heal quickly. You may need physical therapy to get your full range of motion back again. That was a surprise for me.

You will amaze yourself at how you find yourself adapting when you want/need to do things.

Bubblegum0077 09-10-2010 07:02 PM

OMG I feel your pain. Take care of yourself and know you are blessed to have such a wonderful husband by your side. Bet he even typed the post!

About 10 years ago I was multitasking with a 3 pound Chihuahua in one arm and a full laundry basket of wet clothes in the other. That small step off the porch (known as a cinder block) was not enough footing for me and BAM down on the right knee. Chihuahua went flying, clothes all over the place. Ringing in my ears from the pain. I was speechless (for maybe the second time in my life!) and ended up tearing my maniscus (sp?) and the knee hasn't been the same since. Dog was fine - although I could have crushed her. Couldn't handle crutches because of the carpal tunnel and trigger finger in both hands. I made it thru but with pain meds by my side. I now have RA in the right knee.

Sigh.....wishing you a speedy recovery and hope the time goes fast till you're back at the machine.

beachlady 09-10-2010 07:16 PM

I think you had better stay in bed all weekend. Take care and listen to the doc's orders.

Ditter43 09-10-2010 07:22 PM

Ouch!!! I know you are in a lot of pain, but it could always have been worse. I hope you recover quickly and will be able to get back to doing what you love. Till then, you will be in our thoughts. :-( :XD:

nursie76 09-10-2010 07:22 PM

So sorry this happened to you! Talk about a rotten day....
You do seem to have a great attitude and that will help you get through the process of healing which seems to take forever, but really doesn't...be kind to yourself and listen to the docs. {{{HUGS}}}

pab58 09-10-2010 07:23 PM

What a terrible day!! :cry: Sometimes don't you wish we had a rewind button for our lives like we have on our DVD players so we could start over? :roll: I certainly hope you are feeling better soon!

lovequilts 09-10-2010 07:40 PM

Blessing to you. All things happen for a reason even though we might always see it or understand it. Maybe this is to spend undivided time with your Honey. Take care.