Bad Day

Old 09-10-2010, 05:58 PM

This was to be my weekend to have the house to myself, and I was going to do the River Run Shop Hop this Sat and sew to my hearts content. This day I could have done without! Started with the @#$#@ alarm goig off me trying to get out of bed getting hit with a foot cramp at the same time and gettingcaught in the *blank* sheets!! Oh I made it out of bed alright.....and met the dratted floor with all 145 pounds on my wrist.....yeah :-( it's broken.
There goes the driving couldn't go to work today, can't drive tomorrow either, body is to wrenched to sit still long enough to go three hours, And sew!!! Yeah, right. Not until the swelling goes down in the hand and they operate or put an actual cast on instead of a splint, till I heal. Forget about cutting with a rotery cutter for the time being, so the silly pattern Ardvark is going to have to be put in a box until later.
The thing about the discomfort/pain is I've had bad reactions to narcotics so unless I am with a medical person I can't take the stuff, So I'm stuck with perscription asprin and I will only be able to take four of those. ( Double sigh)
Hubby was wonderful this morning, helped me to get up off the floor, got me an ice pack, looked up where the hospital is here in town, got him self dressed and helped me to get dressed made sure I had my purse, drove me to the hospital and filled out the paperwork for me. And all before his first cup of coffee!! Then he found where he could get a fresh cup and he brought me a cup in ER too. He was so sweet. :-)
/i'm having a pitty party over this I do have to say that Hubby canceled his weekend and will be staying home so I'm not alone, and I think I am going to need some help getting undressed to. Sigh, I am so blessed and I thank God this was not so much worse and the fact that I will be able to figure out how to do things knowing that I do have two arms and hands and that I will have full mobility back, just not tomorrow. There are people that are wonderfully creative that would like my arms, hands, feet, sight, need I go on? No I don't.
If you made it this far, thanks for letting me vent (small grin). I think that there is a lot worst that could be happening so I will take this dish and over come it! I might actually dust the house! :-)
Old 09-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

I feel your pain. Like they say "life happens while you are making other plans".
Old 09-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Google Goddess

oh no, you take care of yourself

hugs hugs hugs
Old 09-10-2010, 06:05 PM

So sorry to hear about your day. May you heal well!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:06 PM

I'm so sorry about your wrist. I know what you mean about alarm clocks and sheets!! Sewing is difficult enough with two good hands -- can't imagine doing it with only one.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:08 PM

I'm glad you can find a bright side, and hope you feel better soon. Someone said we have to have days like that to appreciate the good days. I hope your quilt withdrawl isn't too severe, and that your pain isn't too bad. There are many good listeners here! Take care, and glad your hubby is so helpful.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:10 PM

Praying for quick healing.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:12 PM

Oh I am so sorry! I think the wrist might be a bigger problem for sewing than my broken ankle. The pain must be awful--I can't imagine. Hope the healing and recovery come soon. Must be hard to type too? This forum helped me get through the worst. Get well soon.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:20 PM

I hope you have a speedy recovery - but I do recommend you LISTEN to the DR. - don't try to do more than you should too soon... HUGS and PRAYERS to you! :)
I feel your pain!!! 2 yrs ago I was walking in our garden with hubby... went to step over something, tripped and after a few stumbling steps, I body slammed myself face first onto very hard ground. I broke my humorus (not a darn thing funny about it!!) in two places and severly dislocated my shoulder. After a night in ER being drugged to the max and feeling the worst pain EVER, I ended up having to have a nerve block before they could relocate the shoulder. A week later I had a rod inserted into the bone from the shoulder to 1/2 way down to the elbow. I was laid up for a bad 6 months before I could sew.... and then it was with much pain. Now 2 yrs later, it still sometimes bothers me to reach up to put blocks on the design wall. But I WON'T let it stop me.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:23 PM

Wow, what a day! Yours trumps mine. Hope you're feeling better soon. :thumbup: