Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   boxes??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/boxes-t137372.html)

laughingquilter 07-13-2011 01:14 PM

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a new pair of shoes! "Honey, I needed the box!!" LOL

patski 07-13-2011 01:30 PM

you can go to the container store, they have gift boxes, brown boxes and all that or go to Tuesday morning and get a fancy box, like a hat box that can be used again and again

sewwhat85 07-13-2011 02:31 PM

cant you still get them at department stores like Penneys?

auntpiggylpn 07-13-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
cant you still get them at department stores like Penneys?

Good question, I don't know! Guess I could check. The quilt I am giving for the wedding present is 45x51 I haven't seen boxes big enough for it for sale at any store.

New Quilter 07-13-2011 02:38 PM

For my husband's granddaughter's baby shower I went a little wild with the gifts...couldn't find a box big enough, so I used a plastic storage tote...it made it easier for her to take the gifts home from the shower... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Naomi

rusty quilter 07-13-2011 02:46 PM

If you know anyone who works at a school, the paper boxes they get supplies in are perfect for Queen quilts. Baby quilts will fit in flat rate postal boxes that are free from the post office.

jaciqltznok 07-13-2011 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
I think I will stop by the dry cleaners tomorrow to see if they have quilt size boxes and if they will sell me one. They put wedding gowns in them and they would be acid free!

NOT necessarily...acid free costs big $$$....you really need to know if it is Archival or not!

auntpiggylpn 07-13-2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

I think I will stop by the dry cleaners tomorrow to see if they have quilt size boxes and if they will sell me one. They put wedding gowns in them and they would be acid free!

NOT necessarily...acid free costs big $$$....you really need to know if it is Archival or not!

that's what I was thinking! That's why I think I will check with the dry cleaners tomorrow. . . .

jaciqltznok 07-13-2011 05:17 PM

that's what I was thinking! That's why I think I will check with the dry cleaners tomorrow. . . .

good luck...our DCleaners here don't speak enough English to understand Archival...much less acid free!

auntpiggylpn 07-13-2011 05:20 PM

LOL!!!1

good luck...our DCleaners here don't speak enough English to understand Archival...much less acid free!