Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   can't seem to get better (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cant-seem-get-better-t86252.html)

hperttula123 12-30-2010 12:26 PM

I've been sick for over two weeks now and it's turned into pneumonia. I finally broke down and went to the doctor today. I hope it goes away soon. I've had 10 days off of work and haven't been able to get much done and with 10 days off I should have been able to make at least 2 good sized quilts and I'm still not even done with one. Just have no energy right now, but I want to get something done.

ann clare 12-30-2010 12:28 PM

Get yourself well.

craftybear 12-30-2010 12:35 PM

take care of yourself

Originally Posted by hperttula123
I've been sick for over two weeks now and it's turned into pneumonia. I finally broke down and went to the doctor today. I hope it goes away soon. I've had 10 days off of work and haven't been able to get much done and with 10 days off I should have been able to make at least 2 good sized quilts and I'm still not even done with one. Just have no energy right now, but I want to get something done.

QuiltQtrs 12-30-2010 12:37 PM

Brew yourself a soothing cup of tea ... snuggle in your favorite lap quilt,
grab some quilting magazines, and just daydream about your future projects.
Cures me every time!

Jim's Gem 12-30-2010 12:38 PM

I hope you get to feeling better really soon!!!

Prism99 12-30-2010 12:48 PM

Are you pushing fluids? When I was sicker than a dog with the flu and didn't get better day after day, a nurse told me to really force myself to drink liquids as much as I could. Once I made myself do that for a day, I finally felt better the next day.

kreinhart742 12-30-2010 01:07 PM

Hoping you a speedy recovery

mollymct 12-30-2010 01:23 PM

I hope you feel better soon! Try to get lots of rest and yes, drink lots of fluids! That stinks that you've been sick on your days off!!

TFquilter 12-30-2010 01:31 PM

You need to rest..easier said than done...I was sick for 2 wks before Christmas...finally got an antibiotic...long story short, I ended up at ER and was diagnosed with pleurisy...which is soooo painful...I think I possibly had walking pneumonia before we left, not sure but definitely no energy...I hate it too...you think of what you could have accomplished, but behave yourself..if you have no energy, then rest...believe me, pleurisy will set in after cold/flu/pneumonia and you will be forced to rest as it is soooooooo painful..I must sound like an old mother hen...sorry...and hope you feel better..

everybody's mother 12-30-2010 01:37 PM

I feel your pain. Got together with family one week before Christmas, got a bug and have been sick for 8 days. Whole family got it, ranging from sore thoats to ear infections and pneumonia. May we all get well soon. have some tea and cuddle up with your favorite quilt. :|