Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cataract Surgery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cataract-surgery-t171447.html)

MaryKatherine 12-09-2011 04:56 AM

Cataract Surgery

Just thought I'd put this out there for any of our quilting friends who have been advised to have the surgery.
I had one of my eyes done a week ago and I'm still astounded at how my vision has improved. It was absolutely painless and over in 15 minutes. I don't know why I waited ( of course I do I was terrified; it was my eyes, and my art is my soul's expression), but I'm scheduled for the other in March and can hardly wait. Be brave!
MaryKatherine

Doris1334 12-09-2011 06:42 AM

I had cataract surgery on both eyes. Gosh what a difference, didn't realize I had so many wrinkles!!
Ths surgery was fast and easy, I would recomend it to anyone that needs it.
Doris1334

j 12-09-2011 06:44 AM

I dont even wear glasses now, except when I am on the computer. What a good change. - J

MaryKatherine 12-09-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Doris1334 (Post 4765411)
I had cataract surgery on both eyes. Gosh what a difference, didn't realize I had so many wrinkles!!
Ths surgery was fast and easy, I would recomend it to anyone that needs it.
Doris1334

Yeah the wrinkles..the only down side.
MaryKatherine

QuiltnNan 12-09-2011 07:02 AM

ditto, here. I had my dominant eye done a couple of years ago in conjunction with my kerataconus surgery. I'm waiting for my next insurance to kick in to have the other eye done. I only wear glasses for close up work. The surgeon said that he will make my other eye 'monovision' like in contacts. that would be awesome :)

Sweeterthanwine 12-09-2011 07:26 AM

I had both eyes done a couple years ago and what a difference. The only time I have to wear glasses now is when I use the computer or read. Reading glasses are sure a lot cheaper than prescription ones. Get them at the dollar store. Anyone putting it off, don't. Well worth it.

lyndad 12-09-2011 07:45 AM

I had both eyes done a couple of years ago, I was scared at first, but no pain, little maintenance afterwards and could see so much better. Only use cheaters to read small print.

babindg12200 12-09-2011 08:54 AM

Me too, isn't it amazing how bright, and colorful everything is. Wow!

Glenda m 12-09-2011 08:55 AM

Got mine done. No more pretty colors around the lights at night. LOL Can get out and go to Wally World at night now. Not that I really want to. LOL

sandy l 12-09-2011 09:24 AM

I am very glad and happy for all of you that have had successful cataract surgery. I had cataract surgery done on both eyes last year, and if I could go back and undo it I would. I have a dark line in my vision on the outer edge of each eye. Was told "it's scar tissue and will fade over time" It hasn't. I still have "light halos" on a lot of things, especially headlights on cars, which cuts down on much driving at night. Still have to wear glasses,( bifocals ) and still need glasses for using the computer. At my 6 month exam after surgery, was told by the surgeon, "you must allways remember, any surgery of any kind, nothing can be guaranteed".