Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Daughter Moved Out (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/daughter-moved-out-t67758.html)

MISHNJIM 10-01-2010 12:32 PM

Didn't think I would have a hard time with my daughter moving out. She tried earlier this summer, only took her clothes but it was still very hard on me.

NOW....In Sept. she got married at the courthouse, which was a very big shock. We are just hoping for the best and helping them anyway we can. I just lend my ear when she needs to vent and keep my mouth shut.

They just got an apartment and are moving out today. Now that all her stuff is gone from her room, I don't know what to do....cry or be excited. She is after all starting her new Chapter in life but it's gonna be a hard one.

Thank you for letting me vent and get this off my chest.

craftybear 10-01-2010 12:36 PM

Congratulations to your daughter

now you can take her room and turn it into a cool quilting studio!

have fun!

texas granny 10-01-2010 12:36 PM

Best wishes for your daughter and hubby for there new life together. And to you a new chapter in your life. We all have to let them spread there wings. Even if were not ready for it.

B. Louise 10-01-2010 12:37 PM

These transitions can be painful. I think quilting helps me to keep calm.

carolaug 10-01-2010 12:39 PM

You will be fine...its hard for the first few months...I found once I cleaned out the boys rooms it helped alot! One is now a guest room for when they visit. They like it too...it feels like a visit instead of their old rooms...the other room we changed into an office/music room for my husband. I wish I had sewn back then. Instead of buying a guest bed I would have bought a sewing table.

ChubbyBunny 10-01-2010 12:47 PM

{{{Hugs}}} Things have a way of working out. Hang in there.

Chele 10-01-2010 12:48 PM

She'll always be your little girl. That never changes. Hang in there.

Magdalena 10-01-2010 12:50 PM

It's going to take time. I first thought when my daughter left to college she was going to move back home. But, she joined Americorp and moved to Portland, Oregon. I was emotional. She is my only child. But, after she left, I did cry, but I felt excited too. I felt guilty that I was getting excited at first, but then I figured, hey I have to keep on living too. I wish her well, I send her my love all the time, and when we can we visit each other. So, take your time and feel your emotions, then get in gear and do what you like to do best - God bless!

Aunt Retta 10-01-2010 12:53 PM

It is hard to loose the kids. Especially when you are worried about their choices. Continueto be supportive and then if things get bad for her, she will know that she can come home to Mom.

virtualbernie 10-01-2010 01:09 PM

Wish her well and move your sewing into her room! That way you have a new sewing room and you can be close to her also!