Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do any of you use a Toaster Oven? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-any-you-use-toaster-oven-t204671.html)

MarLeClair 10-30-2012 01:12 PM

Do any of you use a Toaster Oven?

I have been debating with myself about buying a toaster oven. Can't decide if I would use one that often. I do a lot of roasting of vegetables which I put in the oven. Do any of you have one and do you use them? I only cook for myself and it seems crazy to heat up the oven just for me. Any thoughts?

Treasureit 10-30-2012 01:15 PM

I have had this same thought lately...if I get one...I want it to work really well!! I had one years ago and it didn't do a very good job and I think it tool a long time...can't really recall the specifics, but didn't keep it too long. I will be watching to see what others think.

lynnie 10-30-2012 01:29 PM

For over18yrs, didnt have an oven mt toaster oven got me thru roasts,pizzas,vdggies, cakes and snall turkeys get onr, you wont know how you lived without one.
No heating up the house in the summer, roasts,cookies and cakes in june again.
Get one.
Less power anx electricity.

barny 10-30-2012 01:31 PM

JUST FOR ME???? WHY NOT? I would use my oven if I wanted something. "Course I cook for 5 every day. But I like food. You are important. Cook for yourself.

FancyFoot 10-30-2012 02:23 PM

I have the Black & Decker Space Saver toaster oven it's mounted under the cabinet, I use it every day & couldn't live without it.

ckcowl 10-30-2012 02:26 PM

we use our toaster oven CONSTANTLY! with just the 2 of us it doesn't make sense to heat the whole oven- besides the big oven takes so long to warm up- the toaster oven- 5 minutes....it works great & i honestly don't know how we got along with out it in the past- for the last 6 years it has been our most used appliance...one of the best $59 purchases we've made.

lfstamper 10-30-2012 02:30 PM

I use the toaster oven daily - many times twice or more. There are three of us and it is perfect!

QuiltnNan 10-30-2012 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by FancyFoot (Post 5624213)
I have the Black & Decker Space Saver toaster oven it's mounted under the cabinet, I use it every day & couldn't live without it.

i had one of these for years and wore it out. when searching for another, i couldn't find one just like it. i happened to rescue one from a neighbor and use it daily. i rarely turn on the big oven

gramajo 10-30-2012 02:41 PM

I wouldn't live without a toaster oven. I only cook for myself--no sense in heating up the whole house. I didn't have a stove for almost 2 years in my last house. I got along just fine with toaster oven, microwave and electric grill. I finally got one when my ex-husband found one put out for garbage and salvaged it for me. He brought it over, hooked it up and even cleaned it for me. lol He was a much better greatly loved friend than a husband.

nitza 10-30-2012 02:42 PM

I loved my toa.ster oven cuz it was just me and it worked great. got it at goodwill for 5.00